Eyes Set Pt. 5 (End)

A/N: Please forgive me for being human trash

"What? Isn't this a bit sudden? I mean moving in with him?" Hermione and Harry both sat in the infirmary.

"I've known him most of my life. It is sudden, but I have a good feeling about this."

"He's literally old enough to be your father." Hermione pointed out, a stern look on her face.

"I'm an adult."

"I respect your decision, I'm just worried. Don't let him pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do. Make sure to send letters at least once a week. Expect visits from me."

"He won't hurt me, 'Mione. I know I can trust him." The witch nodded.

"I'm allowed to be worried about you. I suppose I can't help it. You're like a younger brother to me." Harry patted her hand.

"There's not many reasons to worry about me now. No deatheaters aren't after me, Voldemort is dead, and I'm pretty much in good health."

Hermione sighed and suddenly locked eyes with Harry.

"When are you leaving?"

"A week or two, until my magic heals fully."

"Ok... just promise me we'll stay in touch." Harry nodded, giving her a smile.

/Time Skip to two weeks later/

Harry made sure he packed everything necessary. Shirts, trousers, a few jumpers, robes, etc.

Over the past two weeks, he and Severus had grown closer. Harry began to sleep in his quarters, figuring it would make the move go smoother.

"Ready?" Severus hugged him from behind, chin resting comfortably on Harry's shoulder.

"Yeah, I think so." He twisted around to shyly peck Severus.

"You don't need to feel nervous around me." The older man smirked, turning the innocent peck into a passionate kiss. Harry flushed brightly, closing his trunk.

"It's still weird."

"We'll get used to it. Now, let's get a move on." Harry shrank his trunk, following Snape out of the room. "I can't believe this. Leaving and knowing I'll never be back is strange."

"Well it's time to start over. No dark lord to worry about this time."

"Hopefully. Shall we say goodbye to everyone? They're waiting outside." Potter nodded. Together, they left.

A small crowd of witches and wizards gathered in the corridor. A few Weasleys, professors, Hermione, and random students were there.

"Remember to owl me!" Hermione ran up to Harry, giving him an unintentionally rough hug.

"Yeah, I will." She paused to give Snape a fierce look.

"Don't get any stupid ideas." She backed away so others could say their goodbyes.

The whole thing must have lasted around half an hour. By the time it was over, Harry's feet ached painfully.

They managed to run away and get to the edge of the castle grounds without being mobbed again.

"Hold on tightly." Harry laced their fingers together as the retired professor took out his wand.

A nauseous feeling washed over the two of them once they landed. Potter barely stopped himself from retching. He took a deep breath, looking up.

A small cottage stood in front of them, built of wood and brick. It was quaint-looking, surrounded by remote forest. Vibrant flowers were planted in small plots around the home.

Birds sang a cheerful tune, leaves rustled in a gentle breeze.

Harry could only think of one word to utter.

"Perfect."

A/N: good lord I haven't updated this story in actually forever. It started nicely, but I had a hard time writing it. It's over now, sorry if you didn't like it.

I also apologize for my lack of activity lately. School's been more stressful than normal, but that's not a very good excuse. Anyway, I'll try my best to do better!!!

P.s, I've got a treat prepared for Halloween :)