Home Pt. 6

Fenrir set Harry gently down on a bed. Several wizards began to crowd around them, making him nervous.

"Back up." He glared until they listened to him.

"What happened to Harry?" Neville shot to his feet.

"Sit down, Mr. Longbottom!" Severus demanded harshly. Neville squared his shoulders, forehead creasing in determination.

"No, I will not. Is Harry alright?"

"Obviously not, incompetent chi-"

"I'll be fine, just give me a minute." All of the wizards watched in astonishment as Harry slowly sat up.

"What the bloody hell?" Draco's eyes were wide. Potter managed a smile, though it was more of a grimace.

"Guess I'm not dead. Huh."

"All you've got to say is 'huh'? How in Merlin's name are you alive?" Remus cried.

"Ah, well I'm not sure. I suppose only the horcrux was killed." Fenrir cleared his throat.

"Can we have a minute alone?" He asked in an unusually weak voice.

"Why alone? What do you plan on doing?" Remus interrogated with a frown.

"We can trust him, Fenrir wouldn't hurt me. Just go sit outside." Harry placed his hand on Moony's arm.

"Fine." Remus replied tartly, leaving the cabin. Other followed him out.

Once everyone was gone, Greyback knelt in front of the bed.

"Lord, kid. I thought you were gone." Harry laughed softly.

"I did too, Fenrir."

"How can you laugh?" Fenrir looked up at Harry.

"Laughing makes things easier to deal with."

"Why did you let the light win? They'll make me go to Azkaban." Harry bit his bottom lip.

"It seemed that it would be the best for everyone. I didn't know what else to do." Fenrir swore to himself.

"Why is your skull so thick? Did you not think about any part of our future?"  Harry stiffened, ready to defend himself.

"Don't you dare insult me! You could be dead if not for me! And I did think of the future, asshole. I will convince aurors that you aren't a threat anymore, as well as other members of the dark. You know damn well Riddle would have just locked us both away if he had won. We'd both be tortured until we wished that someone had just killed us during the battle. I sacrificed everything for this! What do I get for it? Not a thing, that's what. Oh, except for your disappointment and maybe a pat on the back from Dumbledore. I was ready to die for you and others, can you say the same?" Harry jabbed the werewolf's chest with his finger roughly. Greyback stared in shock. He took hold of Harry's wrist gently.

"I shouldn't have yelled, I'm sorry." Harry's furious eyes softened. He took a deep breath, slowly exhaling.

"If convincing them doesn't work, promise me you'll run. Go live in Sweden or something."

"I promise. I'll run and they'll never catch me. Then you can come visit me, even when I'm old and senile." Harry smiled.

"Ok, that sounds good. You'll become Grizzly Adams, living off the land and shit." Greyback chuckled, kissing the hand he held softly.

"I'm so glad you're alive. I thought it was all over." Harry's cheeks heated up into a splotchy blush.

"Do you want to know what I said to him right before we died?"