Counting The Years (Minor Harry x Fenrir)

"Draco, the guests are arriving! Come greet them!" The blond groaned at his mother's yells, but ran downstairs.

By that time, a small group of witches and wizards had already come inside. His aunt, as soon as she saw him, hurried over to pinch his cheek.

"Happy birthday, Draco! How old are you now, fifteen?" The young Malfoy shook his head.

"Seventeen." Bellatrix laughed, waving to her sister.

"Time flies, darling. Now, I must catch up with Cissy."

Draco made small talk with a few people he recognized, but eventually ended up standing next to his father.

"I do hope you are enjoying yourself, son." The elder Malfoy commented, though he already knew his son wasn't too fond of parties. "Just pretend so your mother is happy, hm?" Draco nodded. This was what he did at most parties. "Oh, I believe we forgot to tell you! There is a special guest coming tonight. I don't believe you've met him, but he was my grandfather's Transfiguration professor. You two will get along swimmingly. His name is Hadrian Báthory." Draco's brow rose in a manner identical to his father.

"And he's still alive?" Lucius smiled and nodded.

"It's a tradition for him to attend the 17th birthday celebrations of Malfoys. You'll understand when you see him. Now, run off to your room and relax for a bit. You will need it in preparation for tonight."

"Mother will be upset."

"I'll tell her you aren't feeling well." Draco grinned and complied to his Father's instruction.

/:/

"Draco, are you feeling well enough to come down for a while?" Narcisa knocked, but entered before given permission. He hated when his mother did that.

"Yes, I believe so." Her heels clicked softly as she walked over, pressing the back of her hand to his forehead.

"You don't feel too warm. Hm, breakfast must've not fared well with you." She pulled the covers off of him and tutted at the sight of her soon fully dressed, shoes included. "At least take your shoes off before getting in bed!"

Draco smiled and apologized sheepishly. "I just felt so weak..." his mother nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Don't fret. This will be over before you know it, and then you can go to sleep. Come, now." The woman fixed his hair, and led him back downstairs.

At this point, the amount of guests had greatly increased. The ball room was warm, partly from it being summer, and partly from all of the people in one room.

Draco's father winked at him as he came down the stairs, and they met near the banquet table.

"Feeling better?" Before Draco could answer, Bellatrix came to Lucius.

"Excuse my interrupting, but there is a man in your garden. I believe he said his name is Count Bath? An odd name." Lucius laughed, putting his hand on Draco's shoulder.

"Come with me, Draco. It is Count Báthory." Draco frowned at the title of 'count', but followed his Father outside.

The air was a bit cooler, and a summer breeze carried the scent of wildflowers. A man, as Bellatrix had mentioned, carefully examined a topiary bush shaped as a dragon. Upon hearing their footsteps, he turned.

"Lucius, how do you do?" He walked over quickly, although it looked more like hovering, and kissed the older blond's right cheek.

"I am fine. Oh, this is Draco!" The count smiled at Draco, and kissed his cheek as well.