Secrets Of The Dark Forest - Part 1

She was walking through the forest in search of medicinal herbs to treat her sick brother, but, this time, the forest looked different... something wasn't normal. The birds were quiet, the little animals were all hiding somewhere and not even the biggest animals were walking around...

"That's strange..." She thought to herself, when a shiver ran down her spine. But she didn't have time to think, because finally found what she was looking for. The herbs were hidden in a bush at the foot of a huge ancestral tree. She hurried there, cause very soon it would be dark. She knelt and began to pick the plants, placing them in a basket while humming an old song.

Then a noise nearby caught her eyes and she stopped singing. She looked around suspiciously and got up slowly. The branches of the trees shook with the wind that blew suddenly and before she could make any movement, a shadow jumped right in front of her, causing her to fall in shock.

The scream caught in her throat, but her eyes showed how frightened she was. The boy who jumped in front of her hid his face with a dark hood and wore rustic, grimy clothes. "Who are you?" The question came out of her mouth. The boy approached her quickly, making her heart skip a beat. Why couldn't she move to escape?

He stood very close and reached out to touch her face... But there was something strange about that person in front of her. He seemed to behave like... like an animal or something... Then, to her surprise, he repeated the question she had just asked: "Who are you?"

◆◆◆

Picture Art by: l0hano0l on Twitter