The Moonlight Waltz - Part 1

When the night is dark and gloomy... The full moon is the only source of illumination... And the only sound to be heard is the wind swaying the trees... It's at that moment that vampires go out to hunt. The poor defenseless souls don't know what awaits them when they enter the forest after sunset. Humans are so silly... they tend to believe vampires can be good, but they've never been bad. Just as humans hunt animals, vampires hunt their prey.

The girl in his arms would be his prey tonight. So weak, so helpless, so innocent... "Poor creature." He thought to himself. "She shouldn't have fled into the forest that night after fighting with her husband. Should have stayed home, safe and sound." But, of course, it was better for him that she have runned away, 'cause she ran right into his arms.

He took her to the castle hidden in the woods, where almost no one used to venture. The forest itself protected the castle, making it enveloped by vines, herbs and twisted branches. He entered through the window of the highest tower, where the room of his victims was located. He put the girl on the soft bed and watched her for a while. Vampires used to like to attack their prey when they were awake.

The girl had fainted with fright as he jumped up behind her, and hadn't woken up since then. Her face, calm and delicate, had recent marks of the tears she had cried. Vampires like to watch their victims, but this girl looked different... Maybe she will give him a little more trouble...

Picture Art by @ MONEY_MH_san on Twitter 🎨