Secrets Of The Dark Forest - Part 7 (End)

The noise she heard grew louder and louder. Seemed to be digging something... Suddenly, the ground below her gave away, and in the midst of the fright, strong arms held her, preventing her from falling. Her eyes were already accustomed to the darkness of the basement, but the same fireflies from before illuminated the underground tunnel and small animals watched her with their earthy little huts. "That's... Awesome!" She says surprised and looked up to who was helding her. "You! You're okay! You're safe! Thank you, Stars! I'm so glad...!"

However, the wolf boy wasn't the only one there. Her brother was watching her too, with a sweet smile. "What is going on?" She asked, completely confused, but the brother asked her to wait until they left. The boy put her on the ground and together they ran hand in hand down the tunnel until they found a strong light that revealed the exit to an incredible and surreal place.

The revealed place was like a secret part of a grove, located inside a kind of cave whose roof was open, revealing the starry sky. When she tried to explain everything that had happened, her brother asked to be quiet, because they already knew everything. The wolf boy approached her once more and cupped her face in his hands, touching their foreheads and facing her with a smile. She thought her heart would stop beating at that moment, but slowly she reached out and wrapped his face around her hands, returning his gaze.

They explained to her that the dark forest warned and protected them against the evil of the villagers, and that from now on, they could live the three of them there. And if they ever wanted to leave, the forest would use their magic to take them to other places, as safe as that. The wolf boy was the only one who knew the secrets of the dark forest, which allowed people of kind heart to use their magic to protect themselves and go wherever they wanted.

She smiled, glad they were finally together and safe. The wolf boy apologized for running away from her the other times, but he promised never to leave her again. Her brother smiled and blessed their happiness, feeling grateful for being healed and for being all saved. The dark forest would now protect them, and the three would be blessed with their magic forever and ever.

◆◆◆

Picture Art by l0hano0l on Twitter

⭐ Picture Art by l0hano0l on Twitter