Bittersweet - Part 6

Ren had not gotten an answer from the girl, so he returned to his own room, crestfallen. The picnic that was prepared outside would probably be picked up by the maids later. Someone knocked on the door and he grunted saying the person could come in. The person knocked on the door again. He decided to open it.

"H-Hi. I hope it is not too late to accept the invitation." Haruka was dressed in casual clothes and that left him speechless. He had never seen her dressed in anything other than her maid uniform. "Ren?" She asked, frowning, worried.

"Yes. We can still go." He smiled happily for the first time in months and guided her to where the picnic blanket was packed with various delicious delicacies, by the small stream that ran through the property. Both sat side by side and enjoyed a pleasant time together.  Ren felt immensely happy and at peace. But Haruka looked worried...

"Is there any problem, my lady?" He took one of her hands and shot her a concerned look. The girl pulled her hand back and sighed, looking away at the stream. "Don't call me that, please. I'm not like the girls you're used to dealing with." She murmured so low that he could barely hear.

•••
Official Art from the Otome Game ✨