Bittersweet - Part 8

When Ren arrived to escort her to the ballroom, he was breathless with her beauty. Haruka was also amazed by the way he was dressed... And he looked as anxious as she was. Neither his father nor his brother seemed happy with the boy's choice for the party, but they didn't pay much attention, as long as they both looked beautiful and sold the brand.

"Don't be nervous. It's just a dance." He said with a chuckle when the waltz was announced around midnight. Haruka had been completely distressed and he was trying to calm her down gently. "But they are all looking..." She replied in a whisper, to which he replied back: "Just follow my steps." And with that they danced beautifully, until the final chord, in which he swirled and ended up arching her body into something like a movie scene.

"Haruka... You captured my heart.  You showed me that not everyone is here to try to use us. Please... Please say you will give me a chance. Let me try to win you over so we can discover happiness together." His gaze was intense and from the position they were in, there was no way for her to run or retreat.

"You already won it." She whispered with a frustrated sigh. She was afraid that he would end up playing with her feelings, but she could no longer deny that she loved him. "You already won my heart." She repeated, because he didn't seem to have heard correctly. He let her return to a more comfortable position and holding her waist with one hand and caressing her cheek with the other, he approached.

•••
Official Art from the Otome Game ✨