The Moonlight Waltz - Part 5

The white rose that he received as a gift was kept in his chambers until it withered and died. However, the girl's smile and the sweet glow in her eyes would be etched forever in his memory. Her attempts to flee became increasingly scarce, until she stopped trying. Without realizing it, both had adapted to that coexistence and routine.

Unfortunately, the Vampire Council wasn't happy with this situation and sent a lot of letters to the vampire, ordering him to kill the human girl before she polluted his heart and mind. But he didn't obey the commands of the letters, nor did he answer them. He just left them huddled inside the trunk in front of his bed. He didn't know what to do. Of course the girl would die at some point, the fact that she was human proved it, but he didn't want to be... her killer.

The letters were becoming increasingly serious and menacing. The Council alleged that he was going through all the limits, so he would have to choose: either he would kill the girl at once or let her go after erasing her memory... but that last option would be his own death sentence. A vampire who refuses to kill humans is killed by the Council.

He had lived for many years... He had lived longer than he should have lived... But the girl was still young... The girl hadn't yet lived a quarter of her life. She deserved to live... She deserved to be happy... She deserved to be... free. He had made a decision and needed to communicate the girl as soon as possible. And he tried... Often. But every time he looked into her eyes something inside him broke. He didn't want to let her go this way...

Picture Art by @ MONEY_MH_san on Twitter 🎨