Masquerade Mirage - Part 8 (The End)

Reiji had been too late for the Ball. It was closing day and he needed to finish his duties at the restaurant before going to the party. He feared he would not arrive in time. He practically ran into the hall and looked for his beloved everywhere, but he did not find her.

Haruka was in the bandstand, looking at the moon and the stars, wondering if the guy she had danced with and had so much fun with was just a mirage. A masquerade mirage, the fruit of her imagination, sadness and anguish.  She was about to start crying when someone nudged her shoulder gently. "Can I bring you company, my girl?"

She recognized the voice almost automatically, and when she turned to look at him, he took off his mask, revealing his identity. Her heart seemed to stop beating for a second. It made sense now that she had felt she had known him for a long time. The boy pulled her gently by the waist and rested his forehead against hers. "Haruka... I'm sorry I didn't say anything before, but... I love you."

He kissed her right after saying those words and she couldn't resist what she felt at the moment. She finally realized that real love can come from sincere friendship. It is not something that is forced, it is something that is built.

Official Art 🌠
Dedicated to @reiji_kotobuki_tr
and @idol.nanami on Instagram