Masquerade Mirage - Part 2

Gossip was rampant at that time, so in less than a week the whole
town was already aware of the new Ball that the most powerful family was about to hold in two weeks.  Haruka's mother had taken her to buy a new dress and new shoes.  She wanted her daughter to be perfect for the big day.

In the city, they met Lord Mikaze, father of Ai Mikaze, one of her alleged suitors. She didn't know him well, but she had rejected his proposals before. She was sure he was only interested in her riches.  The boy was studying something about finance and money. Her mother decided to ask the boy to go to the Ball again, even though he never showed up the previous times. "What a strange guy..." She thought to herself.

The two stop at a luxurious restaurant run by the Kotobuki family. A friendly young man answers them and brings their orders. Neither of them notices that the boy seemed a little flustered because he only had eyes for the young lady.

It was common for them to have lunch at that restaurant, the favorite of Haruka's father when he was still alive. So Reiji had known them both for a long time, and as much as Haruka talked to him naturally, he never had a chance to declare the love he felt for her. Would he ever have a chance? He had never been invited to the family Balls... But this time, it would be different. "I heard that there will be another Ball..." He commented to the girl while the mother went to pay the bill at the counter.

Official Art 🌠