Strong Enough - Part 7

"What if I don't want to be here with you?" Finally she took courage to respond, loosing her breath right away. The captain let out a heavy sigh and looked back at her as he answered. "You will not be obliged to stay... but my sixth sense warned me that you might want to join us for our next mission." The princess was speechless again. It would have been better if he had been rough or rude, so she could just fight him.

"And why do you want me to stay in your cabin? If you're thinking of..." But he cut off her sentence, giving her a stern look. "I will not do anything to you, but my sailors may not be so polite." With that, he got up and went to the door, shouting to someone who was in charge of the rudder. "Let's get out of the way! To Northwest! And finish this dinner, your sweet-water sailors!"

She could feel it as the ship began to move. She was sitting on the bed, staring out the window. There was only water and more water. She was the only woman on board. If it was a new life and a new way of proving she was brave, she had succeeded, but perhaps not in the way she had thought. "You didn't let me answer if I was going with you." She grunted, watching the captain's concentration on his maps and papers. "What's that mission that you spoke of? Are you going to rob some village?"

"I don't need spoken answers, I can see in your eyes that your will is to follow with us." He responded surprisingly quickly this time, but didn't take his eyes off the maps. "Not all pirates are thieves, Princess. Some of us decide to fight to help those whom royalty takes everything away, claiming to be part of the law." She widened her eyes and felt her heart almost stop when she heard him call her a princess. So... Did he know? And he wasn't kidnapping her for ransom? But still, he didn't answer her question about the mission...

...

Picture isn't mine. If you know the artist let me know, please. 💐