Chapter 31

Cayden 👆

I lay in bed as I think of what happened this morning, no day goes with peace or no drama. I'm tired of staying here, maybe tomorrow I can go out with my friends. I look at the time as I see it's 2 in the morning, I could not get any sleep.

I sit up and decide to go to the kitchen, I walk down the stairs with the help of my flashlight on my phone. I get to the kitchen and switch the lights on, I pour a glass of juice and sit on the bar stool and drink the juice.

I hear a noise as my head snaps towards the entrance of the kitchen. I don't hear it again as I walk towards the sink to leave my glass, I walk out of the kitchen and as I'm about to walk up the stairs I hear the noise again.

I step back and look at the door to my far right, the noise is coming from there. I walk quietly towards the door as I lean onto it and press my ear against it but hear nothing.

My hand grips the door handle and open the door slowly. A gym comes in view as I push the door wider, I walk inside the room and see Dante standing next to a punching bag as he ties a band around his knuckles.

Sweat drips from his face as he wears only a black jogger. I look around the room and see all kinds of gym equipment "what are you doing here?" I jump back a bit as I look at Dante, he stands right in front of me as I look up at him, his hair stuck to his face as his brown eyes are much darker than normal, his chest rose up and down as I stare at him "nothing... I just heard noises" I mumble as I look away from him remembering this mornings incident.

He nods and walks away from me "you should go to bed" he says as I nod and walk out of the gym and shut the door. I get to my room and sit on the bed, I pick my phone up and was about to send a message to my friends about meeting up tomorrow but I hold back as I think I should ask Dante because I don't want to send the message and then he says no I can't go.

My friends will think I'm stupid. I walk back down to the gym room and open the door but I don't see Dante in sight, I frown as I walk to his bedroom. I knock on the door but he doesn't answer, I open the door as I peep inside and see no one "Dante" I call out as I switch the light on and see his not in the room, just as I was about to leave the bathroom door opens and Dante walks out with a towel around his waist and a towel in his hand drying his hair.

I look away as I feel embarrassed "what do you want now Violet?" he sighs and sits on the bed. I look at him and see him looking at me, I clear my throat and speak up "I wanted to tell you that I'm going out with my friends tomorrow" he nods and looks at me "why did you have to ask me?" he questions as he frowns.

I roll my eyes as I stare at him "I wanted to let you know just in case you tell me not to go and make me look like a stupid" he smirks and stands up and walks into his walk-in closet. I stayed out as he spoke from the closet "remember the first day you came to this house" I recall that day, the day I met Veronica "yes" I say as I sit on his bed and yawn. God was I tired now "remember I told you......." without knowing. My eyes closed and I never hear what Dante says and I fall asleep on his bed without no worries to the world.

Dantes pov

I pull my grey joggers on "remember I told you that you stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours. So I don't care who you hang out with or what you do Violet" I state as I walk out of my closet, my gaze lands on the women on my bed, her head was placed on my black pillow and her legs were curled in as she snuggled in my bed sheets.

I sigh as I cover her and switch the lights off. I lay down on my bed as I turn and face the women that's my wife, she throws her hand over me as she snuggles close to me. I freeze as I stare at her, I am not used to all this. I never had Veronica sleep in my room or any women for that sake. The only women who ever slept in my room were Violet and this is the second time.

My phone buzzed as I carefully pick it up without waking Violet and see a message from an unknown number

'YA pride za tomboy, Dante, i ya pride za etoy shlyukhoy tvoyey zheny'

(I'm coming for you Dante and I'm coming for that slut wife of yours)

"Andrei" I whisper as I stare at the message.