THIRTY-FOUR

Harley Anderson

It's beautiful and I can't help but glance up at the large building before we push the doors open. When we step into the room, I look around in awe.

Directly in front of us is a mahogany desk that has two ladies sitting behind it. The floor is tiled with dark wood, giving the room a sophisticated vibe while the lights that hang from the ceiling make it rather bright. In the right hand corner is a counter with a few waiters standing behind it and making coffee and small snacks. Women in beautiful dresses and men in suits sit at the tables, lifting cups of tea to their lips before they continue to chatter and laugh.

However, Cameron puts them all to shame with how undeniably sexy he looks in his tuxedo.

Cameron leads me to the counter where a pretty lady with slender features looks up to us with a soft smile. "Hello, welcome to The Latin Dancing Club. How may I help you?" Her words are tinged with an accent I can't quite place and I watch her curiously.

"Can I have two passes, please."

The lady smiles before tapping onto her computer and printing out two tickets from a printer that is connected to her computer.

"Would you like a pair of shoes?" She asks and Cameron looks down to my small court heels before nodding to the lady.

"Size?" She asks and he glances at me in question.

"Five." I respond and she gets up from her seat before walking through a door that leads to another room.

I take it as another opportunity to admire the place.

When I received Cameron's message earlier on about taking me on a date, I was beyond ecstatic. It means that we're finally acting on our feelings instead of just floating around. Then he told me to wear a dress- something I could move in- and I was beyond confused although I was no doubt excited.

I had opted for a simple attire but made myself look simplistically pretty and I was flattered when Cameron told me I looked stunning in Spanish.

I am beyond grateful that I took Spanish classes back in high school.

Then he had pulled up here and I cannot wait to start dancing. Latin dancing is a part of Cameron's culture and I'm honored that he's willing to show me more about it and allow me to see some of the good things he experienced back in Colombia. However, despite my interest and excitement to learn this kind of dance, I'm also nervous because what if I'm terrible at it? I don't want to be a complete flop in front of Cameron.

When the lady returns, she brings back a white box with her and hands it to me. I take it from her with a polite smile.

"You two can just head through those doors over there,"she gestures to a set of double guy doors. "Here's the passcode for locker number thirty-four where you can leave your stiff. Enjoy."

Cameron takes the piece of paper from her before we both make our way to the double doors that are muffling the sound of music. When we push through, I cannot help but admire the room. Numerous people- mostly couples- skate along the wooden floor that reflects the beautiful chandelier above it. Along the dance floor, that is defined by railings, is sets of lockers and a few seats for the dancers to no doubt take a break.

As we walk to the locker, I observe the people dancing. All of the ladies are wearing beautiful dresses and dance expertly with their partners. They look like professional dancers. I also notice that most of the people here are a lot darker than me, giving me an impression that majority are probably Latin themselves.

"Put the heels on so we can put your shoes in the locker." Cameron says and I nod before peeling my shoes off. I peek inside of the box and notice a pair of shiny gold heels. I take them out and glance up at Cameron.