Sergio Ramos - If Not For You

Warnings: explicit sexual content, strong language

She stepped to the street completely oblivious to what was awaiting her. The smile froze on her face at the very moment the loud rumble of the crowd sank into her mind. She couldn’t see a single thing, the lights were too bright, the constant flashing giving her an instant headache. Questions fell on her unstoppabely and her panic rose. She tried to cut through the members of media but the mass was too thick.

Hyperventillating, she tried to cover her eyes with her hand to at least see something but it was all too much. Her senses overloaded by the screaming, by the flashes of the cams blinding her completely when a strong hand grabbed her by the arm. A scream shaped in her throat, terror taking over the place of everything else.

“It’s me.” She heard his deep voice that she couldn’t mistake for anyone else. His presence did nothing to calm her though. Her panic was quickly replaced by rage, rage directed at the man who was dragging her through the photographers. He pushed her in the car before he walked around and sat to the driver’s side.

“Zoe…”

“Take me home,” she said with a strained voice. She wasn’t interested in anything he wanted to say. If not for him, this would have never happened.

“Please just…”

“I said, take me home, Sergio!” She screamed at him before she buried her face into her hands, not that it mattered anymore whether they took a picture of her in his car or not.

The trip to her place was silent, the relaxed atmosphere that became the greatest part of their relationship was so far away, it could have been a dream or someone else’s life.

Sergio pulled the car into an empty parking spot and she was out before he could even kill the engine. Zoe could hear his heavy steps behind her but she didn’t halter.

“Let me,” he said softly when he saw her struggling with opening the door with her shaky hands.

“Don’t touch me!” She snarled and turned the key, shutting the door with a full swing into his face when she entered her small apartment. He counted on it and his hand landed against the door before it could have closed entirely.

“Zoe, I didn't…”

“You didn’t what? Knew that this would happen? Didn’t think that they’d come after me? They are calling me all kinds of things!” She was screaming at him, her tears bubbled out unstoppabely. “They called me a fucking hooker!” She pushed him hard on the chest and Sergio stumbled lightly, not even trying to stop her. “I’m not a hooker! I worked my ass off to be where I am today!”

“I know and I’m sorry…”

“Sorry? You are sorry?” Zoe laughed without humour. “I didn’t want any of this!” She pushed him on the chest again, all her anger directed at him. “I didn’t want you! But you had to go and prove you could change my mind!” A sob ripped through her again, shaking her entire body.

“I’m gonna be a sidenote in your life, something people can laugh at when talking about the great captain of Real Madrid but I’ll have to start all over again, I can lose everything!” She slapped him so hard, even her palm stung. He closed his eyes for a moment before he gripped her wrist and pulled her trembling body to his. She was trying to get out from his hold but he wasn’t letting up. His arms wrapped around her, just holding her tight while she cried unstoppabely.

“Ssh,” he hushed her softly with her trembling, her fists pressing against his chest. “It’s gonna be fine, I promise,” he said firmly. He’d make it alright, he was going to fight back, he was going to fight every fucker who dared disrespecting her. But could he? Was that even possible? His stomach sank by the thought that he wouldn’t be able to protect her, that he’d be useless and leave her vulnerable in a situation he put her into against her will.