Paulo Dybala - Choose Me

Warning: explicit sexual content, strong language

She was sitting on the couch, wearing his jersey, a glass of wine on the table in front of her but she didn’t even touch it. Her eyes wandered around the fancy hotel room. She should be happy; she was in London, got a better treatment than she could ever even dream of, her man just netted a big victory and yet all she could think of was if she could put up with everything that being the girlfriend of Paulo Dybala brought with itself.

This was her first time at a match since they’d gone public and the events left her dumbfounded. First, there’d been no reaction from anyone in the stands about her presence so she’d relaxed. However, the more people filled the stadium, the more sideway glances she’d noted, the more people had started whispering, pointing at her. Then a couple of teen girls had walked up to her and asked for a photo. She’d just stared at them for a moment.

A photo with her? She was a nobody, worked at the front desk in a hair saloon. Why would anyone want pictures with her? She’d tried her best to act natural, put a smile on her face and posed with the girls for the selfie and then done the same with each and every person who’d approached her. She’d just let the situation flow as naturally as possible because she’d had no idea what else she could do.

The door opened and Paulo walked in with a giant grin on his face. He walked up to her right away and kissed her full on the lip, his hands craddling her face. She sighed softly against his lips and pulled away, tugged a lock of hair behind her ear.

“Beautiful victory, babe.” She forced a smile on her face as she looked up at him. She didn’t want to rain on his parade, didn’t want to talk about her thoughts about breaking up when this was supposed to be his happy night.

“What’s wrong?” He frowned at her, his brows knitted together and he sat next to her.

“Nothing, just tired.” She lied through her teeth. She was tired, it was true with the travelling and the heights and lows of the game and that she’d grown paranoid that she’s going to make a stupid face and someone would take a picture of it and it’d be everywhere.

She’d started worrying about her job as well. It wasn’t like she was saving lives day in day out but she loved working in the saloon, she could spend her time with her friends, had a very flexable schedule, for her it was perfect. But if people started recognize her even more, and media caught up with her as well, would it be an option to stay?

“You’re the worst liar, I’ve ever met. You haven’t pounced me when I stepped into the room and your eyes were open when I kissed you.” Paulo shook his head, took her elbow lightly and pulled her closer. “What’s going on?”

“We can talk about this tomorrow,” she said but he was having none of it. He couldn’t get it out of his head now anyway that something was off.

“Talk,” he said with a harder voice as he tilted his head to the side, his fingers entwined with hers over thigh.

“I…” She started and stopped, swallowed hard as her eyes roamed over the room just to look anywhere but him. “I’m not sure I can do this, Paulo,” she whispered, her teeth sinking into her bottomlip as she dropped her gaze on their hands.

“Do what?” He thought they were fine. There was no sign of her having problems with anything. Did he do anything? His mind ran around in furiuos circles but he couldn’t recall him doing something that could possibly make her say that. They didn’t even have a minor argument.

“This… How do they call me now? A wag. I’m not cut out for this, Paulo,” she explained in a small voice and he sighed, his heart wrenching in his chest. “My picture was on the front cover and I thought it’d be alright, that I’d be okay with it… But all this attention is just too much. Your fans were taking pictures of me for fuck sake! I just think that maybe… Maybe it’d be for the best if we just finished before we could get more tangled.”