Seven.

The two weeks passed sufficiently quickly, it was already Friday and tomorrow I’m going to the engagement party for Niall and Sophie. Helen had let me off for the weekend to come, while Tristan waited outside, a smoke between his lips. We made our way across the street and towards our apartment complex.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow. We get to dress up and be all posh for the night,” Tristan chuckled, pulling me into his side.

“You’d probably still be standing at the door by the time the party is finished,” I teased, chuckling as well.

“Probably,” he agreed laughing a little harder.

“I still can’t believe that Sophie and Niall are engaged, it’s so surreal. Not in a bad way but I’m just so happy for them.”

“You know, I reckon you’d make a beautiful bride one day,” Tristan grinned lightly down at me.

“Sure,” I scoffed.

“No, seriously. You’ll make a beautiful bride and the guy who gets to meet you at the end of that aisle is one lucky guy.”

“I’ve got a few years ahead of me before that Tristan,” I reasoned.

“That’s true,” he nodded.

“What about you?” I asked.

“What?” he looked down at me shocked.

“What about you? Your intake on marriage.”

“I want to be married someday,” he hummed, nodding lightly. I looked up at him, he just looked out into the distance. “But then again it’s pretty good just having you,” he grinned and pulled me into his side more. 

“I am a pretty good person to have around,” I grinned cheekily and we both laughed.