Seventeen.

It’s been 3 weeks and four days since Harry stormed off without my explanation. I was going to tell him that Tristan is in hospital and to maybe mention that I still love him but he left thinking there was something there with Tristan. He was a shocked as I was when I told him what happened, I’ve called Sophie to try and tell Sophie but he’s not having a bar of it and ignores her completely, and we all know how hard it is to either ignore or not hear what Sophie has to say.

I had just finished my shift -which is changed to 7 until 1- and now I was on my way to see Tristan, I’d like to say he’s getting better but he’s lost so much weight from vomiting, his hair is thinning out and his usual happy self isn’t there. The doctor and the nurses say its side effects from the treatment making him weak and tired. Every time I arrive he’s either staring out the window or fast asleep, he’s got no one else to talk to besides nurses who are just in and out due to other patients in need of their care.

Rushed out of the taxi after paying and walked straight into the hospital greeting the ladies at reception before making my way over to the elevators. I quickly entered, pressing the floor Tristan was on, watching the doors close slowly before a hand slipped in and the doors opened again.

“Sorry,” the young lady spoke out of breath and pressed a button. She seemed oddly familiar from someone I’ve only glanced at. Her hair was in a short red bob, petite body, and beige coat on over her clothes. Red hair. Who do I know who has red hair?

“Could these things go any slower?” she lightly laughed as the doors shut. My jaw dropped and eyes widened once the voice put everything together.

“Mel?” I asked warily. She turned around quickly, confused as to how a stranger knew her name, but once she took in my appearance she had the same look on her face as I did.

“Skylar?” her voice cracked slightly.

“I-I never thought I would see you again,” I cried as both of us pulled each other in a tight embrace.

“Me neither,” she spoke in a whisper hugging me tighter.

I pulled her back briefly before looking at her and asking, “What are you doing here?”

“The man who had bought me, he was so lovely, set me up with his son and he works here and he’s on his break soon.”