[3] It Wasn't Supposed To Happen

shipzpeace

It wasn't supposed to happen this way, Logan wasn't supposed to fall for Roman. He was supposed to have ended up with Patton, the one he really liked, for who knows how long. He wasn't supposed to have things happen the way they did, but he can't say he regrets it.

Roman had been more quiet than normal, he was seemingly sulking around the Mind, and Logan took it upon himself to try and help him. He wasn't sure what he could do, especially with his inexperience with emotions, but he wasn't going to let Roman keep sulking, considering they had begun to bond slightly more.

Logan rapped on the white door, knowing Roman was inside. He wasn't quite sure why he cared so much about why Roman was feeling down, but he did, and he wanted to help make him feel better, even if he didn't fully understand. Maybe, whilst he was with Roman, the fanciful facet would be able to help him with his own confusing emotions, especially since Roman was good with that stuff.

The door swung open, revealing a messy Prince. His hair was sticking up in multiple directions, his eyes were red, puffy, and downcast, his usual attire had been traded for some grey sweatpants, a white t-shirt, and a red hoodie.

For once, Logan was at a loss for words. He wasn't sure what to say to Roman, he wasn't sure how he was supposed to approach the situation, or how to even begin to ask anything.

"Roman..." His voice came out barely above a whisper, and he wasn't sure what else to say. He couldn't tear his gaze away, and as he watched Roman's slouched posture, he felt a tug at his heart, and he wasn't sure why.

Roman sighed, and pulled Logan into his room, shutting the door loudly behind them, causing Logan to jump slightly. He turned and looked and Roman who was pacing. Logan was beyond confused, and more than concerned. He wasn't sure why Roman was acting the way he was, but he wanted to help.

"I don't get it, what did I do wrong? Am I not good enough? Am I too much? What did I do wrong?" Roman's words fell out fast, and jumbled, and he was clearly panicking or worrying over something that transpired not too long ago.

"Roman, what happened?" Logan stepped towards the frantic male, and rested a hand on his arm, hoping to still his movements.

"He... He... He doesn't like me, he would rather be with Patton, instead of me, and I love him. I love him so much, and it hurts, I don't know what to do. I want him, and I always have, but I was too late. I knew he wouldn't like me like that, but I hoped. And now, I never have a chance. He probably hates me, and I want him more than anything."

Something inside Logan broke, he wasn't sure what it was, or why, but he felt a tug in his chest, and a drop in his heart. Maybe it was seeing Roman so hurt, or maybe it was hearing Patton was happy with Virgil, he wasn't sure, but he knew he never had a chance with the male he possibly liked.

"You are not the only one that lost someone, you know?" His voice came out as a whisper, which caused Roman to look at him confused. "I liked Patton... But you did not know..."

"I'm sorry, Logan, I never really paid attention. I was too caught up in my own head to even think about anyone else. But... I really like him... I love him... I don't want this to be the end..."

"I know. But there is not much that we can do."

"We could make them jealous?" Roman looked at Logan, waiting for the instant shutdown of his idea.

"How do you propose we do that, they are already together, it is not like they even want us in that respect."

"We act like a couple, and maybe they'll see that they like us too..."