[22] I Can't Begin To Explain... Au

T.W. This is like... Tooth rotting fluff, so aha... It also didn't almost make me cry... Not At All...

Enjoy!

"I can't begin to explain what if feels like to fall in love with words on a screen. One day, they belong to this person that if they left, sure it'd be sad, but you'd get over it. And then, all of a sudden, they belong to this person, that suddenly became the most beautiful person in the world, who you couldn't bare to think about losing, and you're falling in love with them, their personality, their face, and yet, you've never really met them, just, everything about them seems to draw you to them, and it doesn't matter about anything that happened with anyone else in the past, they are all you're focused on, they're all you want, and it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that there are countless people where they live, that would be better off with them, or that they have friends there, and you have friends here, all you want is to be by one another's side, and you dream of the day you can lay next to one another, kissing, hugging, cuddling, sharing things about your day, smiling, laughing, holding hands. Any amount of physical contact with them. The smallest thing seems to make you smile, to make you feel elated. When they compliment you, and you're close to tears because of it, or when you compliment them, and they can't figure out what words are used to reply to you. When you think about baking together, and waking up next to each other, when you think about making them food, and spending birthdays treating them, being able to see their smile when they open their gifts. It all seems small, and insignificant, but in the end, it's what keeps you going, they're what keep you going. They keep you fighting another day, they keep you smiling, and they give you a reason to get out of bed, a reason to love yourself, and you begin to see that even if you don't care for things about you, they do, and that's all that matters. They love you, and they have the same ideas you do, they want to be able to fly thousands of miles, just to hug you and say hello in person. They're the person you tear up about losing, yet the idea of meeting them makes you tear up too, and all you want is to see them, and run into their arms, whilst sobbing yet grinning at the fact that they're really here. That, they made that journey, just to say they met you, and to give you both a reason to keep going, that one day, you won't have thousands of miles between you, you'll have maybe 3 miles between you, when you're at work and they're not. The days when you can wake up together, and you can see the way they fluster when you compliment them, or the way they make you grin more than anything. The nights you stay up until 3am talking, laughing, crying, over everything. Over compliments, over sappiness, over each other. Maybe one day, you'll look back to day 1, and you'll remember when it was joking, yet serious, and over time, you grew to love one another in more ways than one. You'll look back to the first 'I love you' yet you'll forget who said it, to the first Skype call that was beyond awkward, yet lasted 2 hours, and every single one that followed was 2 hours or longer, because time just didn't seem to be an issue when you were talking. When you didn't notice how many other things you had to do, and you were distracted because it was them. They were all you cared about. And they still are." Roman smiled fondly and turned to Logan, who was sat with tears in his eyes. "And then it'll all come crashing back, every small fight, every smile, every tear shed, everything, and you'll realise those years away from one another were worth it, because you're now together. You get to call them your own, and they're yours. The band on their finger shows that, their last name matches yours, you get to come home to one another, and cook crappy meals together, yet it wouldn't matter, because you were doing it together. You get to hold their hands. One day, you'll make that last flight to them, and you'll propose in person, even though it already happened over Skype, and after so much planning, and crying over leaving your old life behind, you'll come to realise it's worth it. You'll be stood there, next to the love of your life, who will say 'I do' and it'll be the happiest day of your life, where your family became theirs, and theirs became yours. Everything you did led up to this moment, and when it arrives, it hits you like a truck. It hits you, and you think 'oh my goodness, I'm actually marrying them. They're going to be mine for life, and I am not letting them go.' And you realised how much easier life seems to be with them by your side. They're yours, and you won't let go of them, no matter how many fights there are, no matter how many tears are shed, or dished broken, or nights spent alone. They are here to stay, and so are you." Logan stood next to Roman, his hand laced through Roman's, a glass of what looked like champagne in his other hand, but really it was ginger ale, and Roman smiled. "One day was all I looked forward to. The one day I got to call him Logan Sanders. The day I got to call him my husband, and he becomes mine for the rest of our lives. Maybe we aren't perfect, but I love him, and," Roman turned to him, wrapping an arm around his waist, "he's mine." They shared a loving kiss, as the room erupted into cheers, yet none of it mattered. It was official.

"I love you." Logan murmured against his husband's lips.

"I love you too, husband." Roman smiled, and felt Logan press his lips to his own, feeling like nothing else in the world mattered. They were married, and he was ecstatic. The man he loved was his husband, and he was so glad neither of them gave up, despite the hardships life threw at them. They were meant to be, and the bands on their left hands proved that.

1080 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx