[37] What? No! Au

Roman laughed softly and let Logan close the gap between them. It wasn't often they got time alone, which meant they hardly got to kiss, cuddle, or just be a couple in public. Because of that, they relished in their moments alone and often got lost in one another.

Roman had his hands on Logan's waist, holding him closer, letting Logan wrap his arms around Roman's shoulders. Their kiss wasn't anything special, but it was enough to remind them that they loved one another and things would get better eventually.

His parents thought they were studying, which was a huge mistake on their part. They had an openly gay son, who had an openly gay 'friend', how they hadn't picked up on their relationship yet was a mystery.

Roman pulled away from Logan, smiling softly at the small whine that escaped his normally stoic boyfriend's lips. "I missed you," he murmured, pressing a few small kisses to Logan's lips.

"We saw each other at lunch?" Logan was confused by most of Roman's actions in their relationship, not because it was confusing, but because he just didn't understand what Roman meant.

"But I didn't get to kiss you."

"That is correct, but you said you did not want to deal with telling Virgil and Patton of our relationship, or dealing with other people asking questions."

"I know, but I'm beginning to think that I might want to tell at least Virgil and Patton. I mean, they're in a relationship too, so they'd get it."

Logan nodded and smiled softly, scanning Roman's face, looking away when Roman looked back at him.

"You were staring," Roman teased, pressing a kiss to the corner of Logan's lips before letting Logan reconnect their lips.

"Can you blame me? I have a handsome boyfriend." Logan smiled and tilted his head once they'd parted from the kiss.

"I think you have it wrong. I'm the one with the handsome boyfriend," he murmured, pulling Logan to the bed, where they had a few books laid out, making it look like they had been studying. The truth was, they'd made it through a few pages before Roman had pulled Logan off the bed and begun dancing around the room with him.

It wasn't uncommon for their 'studying' sessions to end like that. There would be faint music playing in the background, resulting in Roman getting distracted. They'd soon end up dancing together and pressing soft, fond kisses to the other's lips.

A quick sharp knock sounded at the door and Roman let go of Logan, pulling the book into his lap as opposed to pulling Logan into his lap, which was the original plan. He glanced at Logan briefly, making sure he was adequate before calling for the person to enter.

Virgil and Patton walked into the room and glanced between the two males, who seemed to be avoiding eye contact with one another and everyone else.

"Are you guys like dating or something? You're always so awkward when we're around, even if we know you were happy and laughing beforehand," Virgil crossed his arms and looked between the two on the bed.

"What? No! Of course, we're not." Roman's words came out slightly too defensive, and when he met Patton's gaze, he immediately looked down, not wanting to deal with the questions.

"So why are you two not together?" Virgil pushed.

"Because I..." Roman trailed off, originally having an argument in mind, only to have it disappear as he looked over at Logan. "Because we're not."

"But there has to be a reason."

"Virgil, back off, okay?" Roman put the book down, standing up in front of his best friend. "I'm in control of my love life, and if you seem to want us together so badly, you'd stop pushing..."

"Ro, I didn't mean..."

"I know," he ran a hand through his hair and looked at Logan, sighing sadly. "The truth is, I love him a lot... It's why we always study together."

"I'm confused," Patton spoke up. "You're saying your study sessions are dates?"

"In a way?" Roman sat down, closer to Logan this time, and laced their fingers together. "It's the only time we can actually be together, and we have fun. Logan lets loose a bit, and he's just... I really like what we have..."

"Are you guys together, then?"

"Yes, Pat. Lo is my boyfriend..." He looked down and smiled weakly as Logan pressed a kiss to his temple.

"How long?" Virgil spoke up.

"About six months?"

"Six months, four days, and seventeen hours," Logan smiled softly and looked at Roman with a disgustingly sweet sort of fondness.

"What he said," Roman nodded, looking at him. "Sorry, we lied to you guys..."

"As long as you are happy, we don't care. We just wanted to know if you wanted to come out for coffee?"

And so they did. The four of them went out for coffee, Roman and Logan not doing anything to hide their relationship in front of Roman's parents. They knew it would mean they would have to leave the door open when they were studying, but it didn't matter, it's not like they really had anything to hide anymore.

Roman was happier being able to spend more time with his boyfriend openly, and they still kept their small study dates, because they both loved them more than they'd ever openly admit.

900 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx