Chapter 14

Sanji sat in silence as the maids place the plates of food in front of his friends and family. He watched Niji out of the corner of his eye, as his older brother wrinkled his nose at the food on his plate. A smirk forming on the cook's face as he glanced around to each of the Vinsmokes, waiting for them to unknowingly take their first bite of his cooking.

The anticipation was killing him. It felt as though time has slowed down dramatically as he watched his family pick up the silverware and take that first bite.

He wasn't trying to prove himself to them…. He didn't need or want that. He didn't care what they thought of him, he hasn't cared about that in years. It was just that his pride for his skills in cooking was beginning to kick in and he wanted to see all six of their reactions…. Even if the only reaction he actually wanted to see was that of the only member of his family that actually knew what his cooking used to be like… the only parent that cared about him… the only one that ever loved him.

None of them seemed to notice that Sanji was now in the air trying to get a better view of all of their faces…. In fact Sanji didn't even realize he’d done it himself, until he was already in the air…. He thought for a moment and realized he could have just used his observation haki but then again that wasn't the same as actually witnessing it… when it came to something like this anyways.

He watched silently yet impatiently as the forks left their mouths. Each of his siblings froze, eyes wide with shock. This lasted for about thirty seconds before something seemed to have snapped and for a moment they seemed to forget that they were royalty and they began scarring the food down.

“Hey, slow down!” Sanji laughed as he landed next to his mother. “You know, if you eat to fast your body will trick you into thinking you're still hungry.”

“Shut up. Who are you to tell us what to do?” Niji said.

“Just trying to keep you from choking.”

“Dad, did we get a new head chef?” Yonji asked.

“No,” Judge answered in a monotone.

“How the hell did Cosette's cooking get this good sense breakfast?!” Niji asked taking another bite of the same dish he refused to eat the previous night.

Sanji tried to hide his smile as he ate quietly, he thought he was doing a good job at it.

“She didn't,” Sora said, “did she, Sanji?”

Sanji jumped, “What? Why are you asking me? I didn't do anything!”

“You're lying.”

“No I'm not!” Sanji denied as he took another bite of food.

“Look me in the eye and tell me you didn't cook this meal.”

Sanji stared at his mother in disbelief, how did she know?

“I'm your mother. I know everything,” she said as if reading his mind. “Not to mention you are a horrible liar when it comes to cooking. But you did manage to get a compliment from your brothers, that's quite the accomplishment.”

Sanji looked down at his plate. “It's not their compliment I wa~ ...need,” he muttered.

Sora placed her hand on his, “Lunch was absolutely wonderful, Sanji. Your friends are right, you are quite the amazing chef.” Sanji looked at her, smiling widely. “Would you cook for us again?”

“uh-huh!” Sanji nodded.

“He will not! As long as he is hear he will not step one foot into that kitchen ever again!” Judge said throwing his plate on to the floor. “Ichiji, Niji, Yonji, and Reiju, do not eat another bite. Royals serve no one! Get it through that think skull of yours!”