Chapter 6

"Start explaining, Cook," Zoro said sliding to the floor along the wall.

Sanji sat at the foot of the king size four-poster bed. He sighed, removing the cigarette from his mouth.

"What's with this Royal secret of yours? And why the hell were you keeping it from us? How do you expect us to trust you if you're hiding things like that from us?"

"Zoro! Sanji is our friend! Secrets or no secrets, we trust our friends."

"Luffy's right. Besides it isn't like we cared before about what each other's pasts where, so why should we start caring about it now?" Nami reminded the swordsman.

"Maybe Zoro just cares about Sanji more than he lets on," Franky teased.

"Are you guys stupid! He's a member of Germa! Do any of you not know anything about that Kingdom?"

"This kingdom. This ship is technically a fraction of the kingdom itself. It's made up of multiple ship's just like this one, they fit together like a puzzle," Sanji quietly explained.

"Cool, a sea barring kingdom!" Luffy exclaimed. "So they're like pirates?!"

"No, Luffy," Sanji said.

"All I am trying to say is for all we know our cook could be a spy for Germa and the show he and his brothers are putting on for us is all an act. Why else wouldn't he tell us?"

"Did you ever thank maybe that right there is why I never said anything?! Germa is the Demon Kingdom! It is heartless and ruthless. I know that better than anyone!"

"Sanji? When you and Cosette were talking, you mentioned that your father faked your death... Why would he do that?" Robin asked.

Sanji looked down at his hands, folded in his lap, "Because I'm nothing to him, nothing more than a failure anyway."

"A failure?" Nami asked.

"All this started March second, twenty one years ago, when my brothers and I were born, well for me and my brothers anyway, it started for my sister, Reiju, when she was born. My... er... Judge, the king of Germa~"

"Your father," Robin stated.

Sanji looked at her and repeated, "The king of Germa, experimented on the five of us. Gave us genetic enhancements to make us stronger, more powerful than ordinary humans. On top of that he attempted to take away the emotions of my brothers and l. Most of them anyways, he left emotions like anger and hate, but took away emotions like empathy, sympathy, compassion, and love."

"What are you talking about? You're one of the kindest, most caring people we know!" Luffy argued.

"I said he attempted to. While my brothers were able to take out Judge's soldiers when they were just a year old and enjoyed it, I couldn't. Judge forced us to train everyday with no time to just be kids. My brothers and sister had slowly developed exoskeletons, making their bodies practically impenetrable. Reiju developed a strong immunity to all known poisons and she can not only eat and absorb poison but also produce poison. Ichiji developed the ability to cause explosion by producing sparks, although he can chose weather he uses sparks or explosions. Niji, as you saw today, possess the ability to produce electricity, he is also, literally, lightning fast and Yonji has superhuman strength. For some reason my genetics had gone back to their normal state, because of that..." Sanji stared at his hands unable to look any of his crew mates in the eyes. "B-because of that... I... I was not only verbally... abused... by Judge, with him constantly calling me a failure and weakling... but also mentally and emotionally abused by not only him, but my brothers as well."