Chapter 47

DISCLAMER: I am NOT a doctor so I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about! But this is fictional so I'm just going to make stuff up.... And to me what you are about to read sounds accurate.... But don't take my word for it. Enjoy the read! 😄

******

Sanji woke later that night. Not opening his eyes he raised his right hand to remove whatever was causing the cold, wet feeling on his forehead.

"Sanji," Chopper said grabbing Sanji's wrist. "You've got a fever. Leave the washcloth."

"Chopper?" He said tiredly, looking at the reindeer. "Where...?"

"The Sunny. You need to stay off of your leg for awhile."

"No. I'm fine. I~"

"Sanji...," he interrupted the cook while moving his right hand in front of his face, in hopes it would make the cook listen.

Sanji's eyes widened, slowly remembering what had happened. This was the second time Judge had caused him to injur his hand, only this time it's not going to heal over night like when he burnt it. He reached up to remove the bandage covering the stitches, he needed to see how bad it was.

"Sanji, don't do that."

"I have to se-"

"You can wait until I change the bandages in the morning." He let go of Sanji's wrist and looked to the floor, unable to look his friend in the eye for what he was about to tell the blond. "Sanji.... You know I wouldn't say this unless I had no choice...."

"What's wrong?"

"I know you didn't feel like cooking when we first left Germa... but you did anyway...."

Sanji's visible eye narrowed, "what are you trying to say, Chopper?"

Tears began streaming down his face. He hated having to be the one to tell Sanji, of all people, this. "You can't use your hand for awhile.... That means... no... cooking. If you do, you might permanently damaged it and you'll never regained full use of it."

Sanji's eyes widened in horror.

"Niji's sword went all the way threw your hand, damaging the muscles in your palm. Untop of that, when you held onto the sword, you held it so tight you cut threw the muscles and nerves in your fingers all the way to your bones."

"What are you talking about? I never grabbed the sword."

This time it was Chopper who's eyes widened in shock. "But you did. When we got to the beach Zeff had to pry your fingers off of it so he could pull it out of the wound."

"I remeber him stabbing my hand before I passed out but I don't recall actually grabbing the sword. I mean I planned to try and getting it back for Niji. But I was just going to try to kick it out of Judge's hand."

"Okay, that doesn't matter right now. Try to get some more rest. I'll leave some pain killers on my desk if you need them. If you take some now you'll be able to take them again in 6 hours." He said setting a small bottle of pills on the disk. "I'll leave the door opened a crack so let us know if you need anything."

"Alright," Sanji replied covering his eyes with his left arm. "Hey, Chopper?"

"Hmm?" He said standing by the door and turning back to Sanji.

"How's Ichi?"

"He's fine. I had Law give him a sedative. Just something strong enough to keep him from fallowing Judge's order. I mean his body wants to but with the sedative is making him feel to weak to. He's in the kitchen with everyone else. Do you want to talk to him?"

"No, not right now."

"Okay. I'll be back later to check you temperature again. Get some rest," the little reindeer said before going into the kitchen.

Sanji held his injured hand up and examined it. Chopper had wrapped his four fingers together in a way that made it impossible for him to bend them. He still wanted to remove the bandage and see exactly how much damage he did to it before Chopper's words repeated in his head, if you do, you might permanently damaged it and you'll never regained full use of it.

"Tch," he said before clutching his hand against his chest. I'll kill him! He thought before drifting off to the sound of his friends talking and the clanking of pots and pans.

******

Chopper stepped into the kitchen with sixteen pairs of eyes turning to him. (Is it bad that I keep having to count on my fingers how many people (and who all) are there? And I always end up missing: Carrot, Cosette, or Zeff and sometimes Law or Sora? Carrot's going to join the crew so I really need to stop forgetting she's there lol (I really really hope she is anyway! It just seems like Oda is building up for that and technically Luffy doesn't have his ten crew members that he wanted yet! (I'll have to explain that in a YouTube video because a lot of people think "oh there's ten straw hats... So Luffy has the size crew he wanted!" I don't think so... Do you count yourself when you tell people you have ten friends? No? I didn't think so! There for Luffy was NOT counting himself when he said he needed ten crew members! So he only has nine crew members.... So I'm really hoping that Carrot will be that member.... At least I hope Oda isn't going to pull another Vivi incident where he makes us think Carrot is going to join and then doesn't.... 😭)

"He just woke up, but he still needs rest."

Everyone sighed in relief.

"Zeff... What are you doing?" Chopper asked as Zeff walked past him and to the foor way of the doctor's office.

"Kicking the Little Brats ass," he said as if it should had been obvious.

"NO WAY IN HELL! HE INJURED!"

Zeff ignored the reindeer as he leaned against the door frame.

"Stubborn brat," he muttered. "What were you thinking?"

******

Okay soooo I've got nothing else for this chapter sooo I guess I'm ending it here.... Everything I'm thinking of to continue this chapter just doesn't feel right so I'll skip ahead to the next chapter as that tends to help this kind of situation....