5.2

POV Shawn

Those eyes, just like mine.
Those lips, just like mine.
That smile, just like mine.
He's like me.
He's a mini version of me.

He's finally here, in the United States, with his beautiful mom, my wife.
Oh I've missed the two of them so much.

together we sit on the hotel bed. Nathan has a dirty diaper, so I'm going to change it. I take off his pants, open the romper and then the diaper. My face leaves because of the smell that comes to me. "I can't do this, Indy. I'm going to puke."

She starts laughing and comes to sit next to me. "First of all, you have to breathe through your mouth." Step by step she explains to me how to change a diaper. Our little man is already six weeks old and I'm only learning it now. What am I for bad father?

I look at her. Her hair, her nose, her lips. How is it that she's my wife? What did I do to deserve her? To deserve all of this? I'm still looking at the two of them. He looks like me, but you can tell he's her son.

"And that's the way it should be." She lifts Nathan and holds him in front of us. Before I can say anything, she pushes Nathan into my hands and runs to the bathroom. I can hear the water from the toilet clattering and Indy is making puke sounds. "Beautiful? Are you okay?"

She comes out of the bathroom again and wipes her mouth. "Yes, I can't stand that good against planefood." She comes back to bed with us and I put an arm around her. "What do you need? Paracetamol? Water?" She shakes her head. "No, Thank you."

With her against my chest she falls asleep. Nathan is awake and is watching me. Like I'm a stranger. "Hey, it's daddy." He just winked at me. "Yea, I'm your dad. And we'll be best friends. I'll learn you how to play soccer, I'll give you advice about the ladies." He starts smiling at me. "I love you little man, but now it's time to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day for daddy." He laughs again. "Yea daddy has a big performance tomorrow. I'm performing at Summerfest. One day you'll be there with me son. But until that day... You're staying home with mommy. I love you little man."

He slowly falls asleep in my arms. His head against my chest, just like his mom. I won't get any sleep tonight, because I'm in a terrible position, but it's worth it. We're together. Finally. This time, nothing will keep us apart.

I love them.