32.2

POV Jake

I stand in the kitchen to warm up a bottle of milk for the crying Nathan as Indy and Max walk into the kitchen. "Indy, what's he doing here?" I ask her if I take the bottle of milk from the microwave. "I'm just here to talk." Max tells me before Indy can say something. Indy tells me that is true and then asks if I want to leave so they can talk.

"Indy? I don't like this." I tell her. I suddenly notice the red spot in her neck, what did she do? It seems like she has had a much too tight chain on her. "Geoff, please, it's okay. Can you take Nathan with you?" She asks me with a smile. Only now do the tears in her eyes catch my eye. "Indy?" I ask again. She laughs and then says that I must go.

I take the little boy out of the cradle and Indy follows me to the door. "What are you doing?" I ask her again, but I don't get an answer. Max also apparently followed us to the door. "I'll text you when we're done." In the corner of my eye, I see something sparkling in Max's hand. Is that a knife? "Indy? Are you sure?" She immediately nods, but her eyes say something completely different. "She'll be fine." With those words, Max throws the door in front of me.

Without doubting, I call the police and inform them about the situation. "Thank you." I say before I hang up. The police want me to leave, I shouldn't be in danger too, especially not with the little boy in my arms. What the fuck should I do now? I've to call Shawn. He needs to know this, he needs to know I fucked up.

As soon as he answers, I immediately start by explaining the story. "What the fuck Geoff! I'm downstairs, wait for me!" He says. "Okay, I'll wait, but I don't trust this." Then we hang up.

I cring the door at the neighbors and as soon as they open the door, I give them Nathan. "Keep the door closed. Don't open it, okay? "I warn the old woman. Somewhat surprised, she closed the door again, all right. Now I've got to save Indy.

Less than a minute later, Shawn rushed through the door like a madman and took his key. With trembling hands he gets the key in the keyhole and we open the door.

We see Indy and Max sitting on the couch. It looks like they were really just talking, there's no knife. When Max realizes what's happening he stands up and pulls Indy against him. He presses the knife hard against her neck. "Indy?" Shawn asks almost crying. "Max, leave her alone!" Shouts Shawn.

But then I realize something. I'm a bodyguard, I have been trained for this kind of situations. This is my work. I promised Shawn that I would protect her what all costst and I'm gonna do that now.

"Max? I'm Jake, Shawn's and Indy's bodyguard." With my hands I shake Shawn's hub to go behind. "We can talk quietly about this, okay?" He begins to cry and shakes his head. "If you let go of Indy, we can talk about this." Indy starts to cry too and her red eyes stare at me. "It's okay. Just let her go."

Before I realize, Shawn runs up to Max and sells a few punches on his nose. Shawn also catches a punch, but Max pulls his knife. Indy wasn't yet gone and Max grabbed her again. "If you take one step, she's dead."

"Shawn come back to me goddamn!" I shout at him.

"Hands where we can see them!" Calls out an agent rushing into the room with a drawn pistol. Shawn and I do what he says and we step aside. "Let the girl go, sir!" He calls. "Don't step closer or she's dead!"

Then the agent shoots. Max collapses in pain and the cop dives on top of him. Indy falls forward on the ground. Shawn runs towards her and pulls her away from him. He puts his hands around her and I sit down on the floor.

"Thanks man." Shawn says to me while he's still crying. "You're welcome."