23. New York City

POV Shawn

I'm on the plane. It took me three times as much to buy this ticket because I was a last minute ticket, literally. But I succeeded. I have almost nothing with me, only a backpack and my phone. I read, before I went on the plane, that it's known that Indy and I are apart. There will therefore be many interviewers at the airport if it is known that I am coming. Andrew fortunately managed to arrange that there is security at the airport to catch me as I have gone head over heels. I put on my hood and put in my ears. I listen to Bruno Major. His music is fantastic.

I walk out of the arrivalhall and see a lot of fans standing there. My heart starts beating faster when I see all of them. They're here for me. Some have a banner fixed with the text 'Shawn I love you' or 'Marry me' and others almost burst into tears. Sometimes it ignores me when people start crying, but it's super adorable at the same time.

I start signing some papers and I take some selfies with the girls, but then there's this one fan who's filming me. I see her on my right, but try to ignore her questions. She keeps asking about Indy.

"Shawn, so Indy and you broke up, huh?" I keep signing papers, but I still hear her talking. I'm still trying to ignore her. Maybe she'll give up. "I don't know why she should break up with you." That's the moment I can't ignore her anymore. "Me neither!" I almost yell. Her reasons are so... I don't even know how to describe it. "But I just don't wanna talk about it." I'm about to walk away when she asks her next question.

"Can I ask you something? Promise to fight for Indy." I stop walking and look at her for a moment. "Uhh... yeah, sure." I say. She clearly doesn't know I'm here for Indy. "I'm trying." The girl smiles at me. "We love her! Don't just let her go, please."

Then I walk away towards the exit. "He still loves her." I hear the girl whisper to her friend.

"I heard that! And yes, I still love her." I say desperate. I feel a kind of peace flowing through my body when I told her that. Maybe Indy sees this peace of film once, because yes, I know they're filming this. Maybe she'll regret leaving me. "You two'll figure it out." She says.

My fans are my support and refuge, but this girl here... She's special. She shows me how hard I have to fight for Indy. "I hope so, thank you guys."