65. BRITS awards 2019

POV Shawn

I only heard two days in advance that I had to go to the British awards in England. I didn't even know I was nominated until Andrew said it to me. It's my very first nomination for this awardshow and I'm super excited for it. Indy, Nathan and my crew flew with me and we decided to stay here for a few days so that Indy doesn't have to fly that long back home.

On the way to the British Awards we meet a group of fans, I love to take a picture with them. Indy looks up laughing while calling Eef for a couple seconds. I can't take my eyes off her. The black dress hangs loosely around her body and waves through the wind. "Uh Shawn?" The small girl asks.

"Oh sorry honey, what did you say?" I ask the girl who looks at me a bit weird because I didn't respond to her question. "Can I have a photo with you?" She asks shyly. "Of course, honey." I pick up her phone and see her background. "Nice background." I say while laughing. On the background of the girl's phone, whom I estimate to be around sixteen, there's a picture of me in my Calvin Klein underwear. Blushing she looks away and I quickly open the camera to let this unbelievably awkward moment pass by.

"Thanks Shawn." She wraps her arms around me and almost squeezes me. I put my arms around her too and appreciate this moment. I love my fans. I would love to cuddle all of them and tell them how much I love every single one of them. "No, thank you hun." I whisper. Without my fans, my life was very different. I would never have met Indy, the love of my life, and I wouldn't have my children. I'd probably still be making YouTube videos in my bedroom.

"Shawn, sorry, but we've got to go." Andrew says. I nod and release the girl.

"Sorry guys, I've got to go!" I call to the group that seems to have grown in the meantime. "Indy's waiting for me." I say, pointing to my enormously sexy wife. She looks up from her phone in alarm and smiles at the group of people. "Love you, guys!"

I walk to Indy and put my hand on her back. "You're distracting me, young lady." She giggles after I said that and she lets me guide her to to the entrance of the building. "I'll meet you after the photoshoots." Indy nods and gives me a kiss on my cheek. "It won't take long." I tell her.

I go past the paparazzi and take some pictures. I also arrange a number of interviews with different people.

"Shawn Mendes has arrived, guys." Says a man from CapitalFM. I still recognize him from when I was allowed to sing at his show a while ago, but I forgot his name to be honest. "This is the hottest stan I've got tonight," I joke to the, in my opinion, handsome man, "this is hot like the sun."

"I'm feeling hotter standing next to you Shawn." Says the man. Is he really flirting with me? "Yea, thank you." I say quickly. "Are you here for music or something." The man asks after a little moment of awkward silence.

"Yea, simple rehearsing for tour, I start tour in two and a half week and then I'm gone for the rest of the year." I laugh, but I say it with pain in my heart. I won't see Indy and the kids for a long time. "Yea, you've broken the internet Shawn." The man tells me.

"Talking about," the man starts out of nowhere, "you've got pretty busy with your Calvin Klein bussiness." Then he pulls the edge of his underwear slightly up and says that he's wearing it especially for me. Laughing, I step back when he puts his hand on my arm. Uncomfortable I tell him how crazy the past week was for me. Everywhere I was recognized as the model of Calvin Klein, I hung in shops and on large billboards throughout the country. "It was crazy, man."

"We got some thirsty tweets from our listeners," he begins and I immediately know what he's referring to, "they're huge fans of yours." He laughs. He gives me some papers with tweets made by fans.

"I'm a man, but Noah Centineo and Shawn Mendes just got me pregnant from their Calvin Klein Photoshoot." I read aloud. I laugh at his statement and the only thing I can say is a short 'wow'.