21. Toronto again

POV Shawn

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Alliyah! Happy birthday to you!" We sing together. "Pop that champagne sweetheart!" My father yells out. Alliyah opens the bottle and it foams everywhere. I bought her some apple juice, beacause she turned 15. She's not allowed to drink yet. I'll make sure of that.

-

 -

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

-

"Congratulations little sis." I give her a hug and hold her a bit longer than usual. "Where did I deserve that?" I shrug my shoulders. "No idea. You're just sweet." She shakes her head laughing and pours me a glass of champagne.

When everyone is hugging Aaliyah I check my phone. Indy watched my Instagram story, but didn't say anything to me. She makes me so mad inside. I didn't fucking asked for this. I love her so much that I can't even hate her.

"So Shawn, where is your wife?" My grandmother asks my father in Portuguese. He translates everything for me since I don't speak fluent Portuguese. There is a huge silence on the balcony. Apparently not everyone was informed yet. "Indy and I are temporarily separated." She looks surprised when my father explains it to her. I quickly take a sip of my champagne and look the other way. "She's really sorry for your Shawn." My father says. I nod and make a short, fake smile. "Happy birthday Aaliyah!" I say again.

While we sit there in silence I grab my grandma's hand. "Thank you." I smile at her to let her know I appreciate her concern. I film my grandma for my Instagram. I don't know why, maybe because it could be over any minute now. That's what happens on this earth. My grandma is just too cute for this world.

-

-

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

-

"So you and Indy really broke up?" She looks at my weddingring while I nod. "Yea, sorry sis." She comes close to me and gives me a hug. "Fight for her. Don't just give her up, please. I've never seen you this happy." I nod. She's such a lovely person. She cares so much. She's just like my mom. But only this time my mom hasn't said a word. "I'm going to fight for her, but she first needs some time to get everything sorted out again."

"And Nathan?" I shrug my shoulders desperately. The tears start to excite behind my eyes. "I haven't seen him since they left." She grabs both my hands. "I may only be fifteen years old, but I know that you and Indy are made for each other. You'll find each other again." I put my arm around her neck and pull her close to me. In the meantime I rub over her head. "You really are the best sister you could wish for." She laughs when she overpowers me. "And you the best big brother."

-

ShawnMendes: Happy birthday lil chica, love you very much ❤️ I know i post this photo every year but its the best

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

ShawnMendes: Happy birthday lil chica, love you very much ❤️ I know i post this photo every year but its the best.
-

We sit here for a while now. Everyone's talking with eachtother and I'm zitting in silence. You don't know how much I miss my family now. Then Alliyah walks to me again and she shows me her phone.

-
Indy:

Indy: Happy 15th birthday from your nephew and me! I'm sorry we couldn't be there, but have a great day sweetheart! We love you ❤️ x-

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Indy: Happy 15th birthday from your nephew and me! I'm sorry we couldn't be there, but have a great day sweetheart! We love you ❤️ x
-

I take her phone and just stare at it. Indy looks so, I don't know, she has this glow. Maybe because of the new pregnancy. I would love to tell my mom, dad and Aaliyah about it, but I know I shouldn't. It's too early for that. It's been three days after our break up. Insta and I haven't talked. I haven't seen Nathan, bot even a picture. I haven't done anything since that horrible. I cancelled interviews and photoshoots. I just miss them too much.

-
Alliyah: Thank you Indy ❤️ I love you too
Aaliyah: Where are you?
Indy: Uhhhh
Indy: I'm in Las Vegas for now
Alliyah: WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?
Indy: Long story short. My mom and Jack (my stephdad) are here and I can sleep here for now
Aaliyah: Ahh okay
Aaliyah: Well take care okay?❤️
Indy: Of course honeyy! Have fun today x
-