47. Two dudes, one baby

POV Shawn

I take a seat on the couch. Her mom had to be such an idiot, why? Indy's allready broken, I know it. The way she looked at me, I saw all those small pieces of broken glass behind her beautiful eyes.

"Hey man, where's Indy?" Jace asks while walking in the room.

"She's on her way to the Netherlands." Before I know it, Jace grabs me by the collar.

"What the fuck did you do to her?!" He shouts at me. The veins in his neck are clearly visible, probably because of the anger. "Nothing, I swear to you."

"Her mother had a car accident." I carefully say. "Oh, sorry." He releases my collar and I straighten my shirt again.

"Tomorrow we'll also fly to the Netherlands, but until that time we'll have to survive together." Jace laughs and says that we should succeed this. A bit intimidated by his words, I take a step backwards.

"Chill, I won't kiss you or something. Your my bestfriend's husband." He says while looking at my arms. "Thank you, I think."

"I'll put Nathan back to bed and practise a bit. Will you be good?" I ask him. Please say yes, please say yes. "Yes of course. I know where I can find the food." I laugh a bit and grab Nathan from his chair.

"Daddy is going to put you on the bed." I whisper to the gaping little man I've just dressed in his pajamas. "Sleep well, boy."

As soon as I put him down and turn on the night light, he's already sleeping. Is it this simple? I don't often put Nathan in bed, Indy does that because I'm still at work, but this is so terribly sweet. And satisfying.

-
Shawn:

Shawn: Is he laying good or do I need to move him a little bit Shawn: What if he's he cold? Do I need to get a blanket for him?Shawn: Do I need to stay with him?Shawn: Please help me I don't want anything to happen to him😭Indy: Shawn breatheIndy:...

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Shawn: Is he laying good or do I need to move him a little bit
Shawn: What if he's he cold? Do I need to get a blanket for him?
Shawn: Do I need to stay with him?
Shawn: Please help me I don't want anything to happen to him😭
Indy: Shawn breathe
Indy: Everything's okay and you're an amazing dad! 💕💕
Indy: Don't doubt yourself please! 💕
Shawn: What if I wake him up on accident and he only wants you?
Shawn: What if I overfeed him?
Shawn: Omg I can't fucking do this 😭
Indy: Shawn, relax, this is your bonding time with him, okay? You got this 💕
Shawn: I love you, Indy❤️
Indy: I love you too
Indy: Gotta go, I'm at the hospital and the doctor's here
Shawn: Okay call me whenever you need to
Indy: Give Nathan a kiss from me
Shawn: I will x
-

I look at the little boy in the way too big bed, our miracle. We'll have another miracle in it in a few months. I still can't believe it. I hope that it goes well with the mother of Indy. We havn't heard much from her yet, but it turned out to be a serious accident and her mother has a chance of death. I can't even imagine how bad this should be for Indy.

I went too lie in bed after a few minutes of staring and overthinking. Tomorrow we'll go to Indy, tomorrow I'm back with her. Then I can hold her back in my arms when I sleep, I can kiss her again and feel her warmth. God, I miss her.

I woke up early the next day and immediately grabbed my guitar. I sat down in the soundproof room and wrote down some lyrics. I try to keep the word 'babe' out of my songs, but weird enough I come back to that every time. I think too much about Indy.

I open up my door for a moment, just to hear if Nathan's crying. And yes, of course he is. At that same moment I hear Jace yelling.

"Oh my God, Shawn, how does this fucking thing work?!" Jace yells from the kitchen. I walk towards him with my guitar around my neck. "Maybe like this?" I ask him sarcastically while I click on the start button. "Oh thank you."

The bottle of milk turns around in the microwave and Nathan starts to cry because he gets hungry. "You'll get your food anytime, uncle Jace is working on it." I say as I stroke him over his head. It doesn't seem to help, he probably misses his mother. Just like I do.

I softly play my guitar and Nathan looks at it like it's magical. "O Canada, our home and native land." I sing because it comes up in my mind. It seems to calm him down. "True patriot love in all thy sons command."

"With glowing hearts we see thee rise, the True North strong and free." Jace sings along with me. Apperently he knows the lyrics.

"From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee." Jace sings alone now. Nathan start laughing at him. His voice is awful, but it's hilarious, so thinks Nathan.

"God keep our land glorious and free. O Canada, we stand on guard for thee." Now I sing. His eyes pointes at my fingers on the strings.

"O Canada, we stand on guard for thee." We end the song together before the microwave starts beeping.

Jace takes the bottle out of the microwave and quickly pulls out his hand. "Fuck, that's hot." He says laughing. "Yes, it's a microwave, Jace. It's suppose to be hot."

How am I going to last one more day with this idiot? I just wanna go to Indy and give her a hug. I miss her so badly, I feel it with all my body. I'm constantly nervous when she isn't around and especially now that I'm home alone with the little Nathan. Oh yes, and Jace of course, he's just like a baby. Weirdo.