Chapter Thirty-Four

*I apologize for my lack of updates. Please don't give up on me, loves! You're all such amazing readers and I'm so happy you've made it this far. I never in a million years thought this book would get the kind of recognition it's received. To have surpassed 150k reads is unbelievable. I want to thank each and every one of you for allowing me to get to this point and hopefully bring it even further in the future. I love you all so much!
P.S. I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHY I DECIDED TO WRITE THE END OF THIS CHAPTER THIS WAY. MY RATIONAL, LOGICAL, SANE MIND HAS LEFT THE BUILDING AND LEFT IN ITS PLACE A HORNY LITTLE BITCH*

 MY RATIONAL, LOGICAL, SANE MIND HAS LEFT THE BUILDING AND LEFT IN ITS PLACE A HORNY LITTLE BITCH*

•Letha•

The funeral was as lovely as any funeral could turn out to be.

A Catholic priest was there reciting things I didn't understand as a few people in the crowd responded to him with words I didn't know the meaning of, including Blade himself.

Growing up, church was never a top priority in my household.

My mother was always too strung out or hungover from the night before to wake up bright and early on a Sunday morning to worship our Lord.

Until she met Dan - my stepfather - all we did was stay in bed until noon and then watch the news until she inevitably passed out from the liquor again. When they first hooked up, we went to the occasional Baptist church service, but then Dan went on a downward spiral into dealing drugs and hanging around the wrong crowd of people.

God and religion was never brought up much after that.

Dmitri was also Catholic and frequently attended mass, but only with his family. He never allowed me to go, as my 'whoreness' would put off God and make him look bad in front of his large family and the rest of the congregation.

Not that I would have wanted to sit for hours with his family anyway.

Once the burial was finished, the masses headed back to the Den for the reception.

Even Sasha's mother tagged along for that. She stayed and socialized, not uttering one foul word to a single soul present. Her grief must have overcome her own hatred for the club. Sasha's father didn't show up, as his animosity for the Savage Wolves ran too deep for him to tolerate being within the same vicinity as the guys.

Talon... poor, poor Talon. I hated to pity him, as I'd never want pity for my own self, but what happened to him was devastating. Too devastating to put into words the emotions I felt for him and his suffering.

As soon as we came back to the Den, he snuck behind the bar and confiscated a full bottle of vodka and proceeded to down most of the clear liquid like it was water. Couple that with an empty stomach, and it didn't take long for him to pass out from overindulgence.