Chapter Forty-Four

*Hello my beautiful babes! I hope you've been enjoying this book so far! We are nearing the end. I'm not entirely sure how many more chapters there will be but it won't be many. There will be an epilogue, though.
P.S. Please, please, vote!! It really makes my day to see those vote numbers rise. And if you haven't, go back and vote for every chapter. It'll make my day! Thanks for reading and I love you all so much! ❤️*

 It'll make my day! Thanks for reading and I love you all so much! ❤️*

•Blade•

Five black Escalades leave the compound in the direction of the extravagant apartment complex that houses the penthouse belonging to Donatello de Angelis.

Five black Escalades filled with Wolves ready to attack. Ready to spill the blood of their enemies and take back this city for themselves.

Ash sits in the driver's seat of the lead vehicle and I sit beside him. Ryder, Stone, and Kai sit in the middle row of seats while Talon lays on his back on the furthest row in the back.

If it wasn't for the constant clicking of him unloading and reloading his handgun, I wouldn't even know he is there.

Rain beats down on the windshield, causing the lights of the passing cars to shine through every little droplet that's landed on the SUV.

The black sky is covered in gloomy clouds as the storm that came out of nowhere rolls through the city. Even the moon is shielded by their ominous darkness.

Almost as if the universe knows something heinous is going to happen tonight.

Only the many lights from the passing casinos, restaurants, and hotels illuminate our trek to vengeance.

I fiddle with the frayed edges of where my jeans are ripped at the knees, unable to calm the sensation that something isn't right. That we're making a mistake doing this tonight.

I've never been one to rely fully on my gut, but I can't shake the feeling that we're going to fail.

"Ash, man, this doesn't feel good. We need to turn back." I grab the door handle and hold on tight as my stomach rolls and I fight back the urge to vomit.

This isn't right.

"This is our only shot, man. According to Maisie, this is the one night a month when the guard changes duty, switching off between the two sets that alternate every month. Instead of the one hundred guys that normally patrol the whole building, only four are on duty inside the penthouse. We have a thirty minute window as one guard duty leaves and the place is practically empty before the next group shows up. We have to do it tonight unless we want to wait another month, and I don't know about you, but I'm not fucking waiting. We do this tonight and that's final."