chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen.
Sawyer's POV.

I turned over to see Nathan beside me; fast asleep with his head resting on my shoulder.

I looked to the bedside table to check the time on my phone.

"You okay?" Nathan suddenly asked, his voice raspy.

"I'm sorry." I put my phone away and look to him, "I didn't mean to wake you."

"No, it's fine. You didn't wake me." he smiled. "If you don't mind, what caused you that much pain?"

It was cramps. It was my period.

I've been having irregular periods ever since I could remember and I've always had my mom during times like these. But last night felt unexplainable. The pain was unbearable and I'm convinced that I could've easily died if it weren't for Nathan. I should probably consider majoring in drama.

"Oh, you know. Just really, really bad cramps. Not a big deal though." I forced a smile.

"Don't do that." he cupped my face. "Don't fake a smile. Your real smile is beautiful enough"

I pulled away and he looked confused.

"What?" He asked.

"Don't say that. I'm not beautiful. You're the only one who thinks that."

"No, I'm sure your mum could agree with me" he smiled.

I kept denying it when he stood up and cupped my cheeks with his hands.

"Sawyer Lea Scott, you're beautiful. Your brown eyes prove it along with that slight smile of yours. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise" he let out another smile. "Just ... Accept the compliment, please"

"Thanks, Sykes" I felt my cheeks burning up. It's probably noticeably how much I'm blushing at his compliments.

~

2 days later

Hannah, Jess and a few other friends of ours were walking around the mall.  I clearly had no idea of what the three of them were talking about.

They can't even qualify as my friends really, they're more of Hannah and Jess's friends.

I guess you could say it's weird hanging out with people who aren't Nathan.

"Guys! There's a sale at Forever 21! We HAVE to go!" The girl with ombré hair cried out.

Damn Lea, you can't even figure out her name.

I laughed to myself a little.

"Coming?" Hannah asked before tagging behind Jess and the two other girls.

"Um, nah, I think I'll just get something to drink." I said.

"Alright then." she ran behind Jess as they walked into Forever 21.

I grabbed a bottle of water and a candy bar as I walked to the cashier.

"Is that all?" She asked.