Chapter 24: Deception Unit

Arriving in the office the next morning I only had one thing on my mind. Talking Kay into taking on of my open position at Quantico.
"Daniels" She answered.
"Kay, it's Alexia."
"Hey. How are you feeling?" Her voice lightened up.
"Better. Jonathan's been very attentive since we got back to Virginia. Which reminds me, I actually have a proposition for you." I responded.
"What's that?" She inquired.
"I have some open positions here at Quantico that I'd like to discuss with you."
"Really?"
"Would you be willing to come to my office here in Virginia to discuss some career opportunities?"
"Of course."
"What day works best for you? I know it's a long drive."
"I can make it to you whenever works for you. I liked working for you here in New York."
"Can you come by Wednesday afternoon?"
"Absolutely. I'll see you then."
"I look forward to it."
I smiled as I hung up.
I opened up the small  file in front of me:
DECEPTION UNIT
A unit consisting of five to seven members with specialized training in magic and deception used to control a situation with an Unknown Subjet leading to a confession or arrest.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERS
Basic Field Training
Firearms Training
Tactical Training
Investigative Techniques Training
Report Writing Training
Forensic Science Training
Pass Physical Medical Exam
Pass Mental Exam
Pass Physical Fitness Exam
All budgets must be approved by Director Carter. Members answer directly to Director Carter as such Director Carter will be providing training at the expense of the FBI. All training will be paid with breakfast and lunch provided.
I, Justin Cole, President of the United States authorize the inclusion of the Deception Unit into the FBI at Quantico, Virginia field office.
JONATHAN BLACK
Date of Birth: 06/05/1987 3:15am
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Race: Caucasian
Status: APPROVED
CAMERON BLACK
Date of Birth: 06/05/1987 3:45am
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Race: Caucasian
Status: APPROVED
DINA CLARK
Date of Birth: 12/12/1985 6:55pm
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Race: African American
Status: APPROVED
JORDAN KWON
Date of Birth: 08/15/1990 5:32am
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Race: Asian American
Status: APPROVED
GUNTHER GUSTAFSEN
Date of Birth: 07/20/1966 10:15pm
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Race: Caucasian
Status: APPROVED
I trust your judgement on your employees. Thank you for sharing their files.
Justin
*RING RING*
"Hello. State your name and occupation." Mr. Stefan Davidson, head of the firing range, asked customarily.
"Alexia Carter. Director."
"Director Carter. How may I help you?"
"I need to rent the range. Monday through Friday, all day for two weeks in about 18 weeks. Will you set it up for five students and an instructor?"
"Director Carter
"Absolutely, Dr. Carter. Thank you."
"Thank you."
*RING RING*
"Director Carter. How can I help you this morning?" Ms. Molly Alexander, head of instruction, answered her phone.
"Hey, Molly. I need to reserve a classroom for a full 18 week course starting next Monday."
"Do you need an instructor as well?"
"No, I'll be instructing."
"Wonderful. I know we'll have plenty of people who want to pop in to hear you teach."
"It is an open class." I laughed.
"We have room 960. Will that be alright?"
"Of course. Thank you."
"Thank you, Director."
*RING RING*
"This is John Byrne. How may I help you?" He answered breathlessly.
"Busy day, John?"
"Always, Director. How are you?"
"I'm well John. I need to reserve the gym for a two week course in about five months."
"We're always open to you, boss."
"Thank you, John. I hope you and your family are well."
"We are. Thank you."
I sighed quietly and put my head in my hands.
"Long day?" My love asked from the doorway.
I looked up and took him in. His denim button down shirt open at the top, his dark wash jeans hugging his hips, and his hair tousled flawlessly.
"It always gets better when I see you. Come in. Sit." I motioned him in.
"What's wrong?" He asked sitting in the chair opposite mine.
"Nothing's wrong necessarily. I'm just tired. I've been out of the office for two months."
"You still taking it easy?"
"Of course. I've been making phone calls and going over the Deception Unit file all morning."
"How'd that go?"
"Kay's coming in tomorrow afternoon to discuss career opportunities. We got the presidential approval for the Deception Unit. I made some reservations for classes. I have to teach them but that'll keep me out of trouble for the next five months." I laughed.
"That's great. We're all really excited to get started."
"The training takes between five and six months. You all need to pass physical and mental evaluations and a physical fitness test before I can put you in the field."
"That's understandable. Is my conviction going to hinder anything?"
"No, Jonny. After a conviction is overturned it's no longer on your record at all."
"I actually came to see if you wanted to go to lunch. We've never been out in public, just you and me."
"That sounds like an excellent idea. Is it nice out?"
"Very. Come on."
I stood up and followed Jonathan out of my office. He took my hand as we walked to the elevator. I never knew how nice it would be to show him off. Yes. This perfect person is mine.