Chapter 50: Kidnapped

'Dammit! How am I always late? Kay's gonna kill me.' I thought rushing through the streets of downtown Virginia towards the parking garage.
I ran up to the driver's side door of my 2024 Bentley Continental GT my sister in law bought me as an engagement present. As I opened the door a man's hand shoved it closed and in an instant a large dagger was at my throat.
"Do exactly what I tell you and I won't hurt you." His voice was deep and menacing.
I swallowed hard but nodded carefully.
"Give me your car keys." He ordered.
'What a day to get carjacked...' I thought handing over my keys.
Lexi always said nothing's worth our lives. She could replace anything but she can't replace us.
"Don't move, Mr. Black."
My heart skipped a beat when he said my name. This wasn't a carjacking. I felt a sharp pain in my head before I collapsed against my car.
When I woke I could feel the metal against my wrists and my toes barely grazed the floor.
My head hurt as I tried to look around the pitch black room. I could feel the dried blood on the back of my neck. I heard movement in front of me but I still couldn't see.
Seemingly out of nowhere that dagger was pressed against my neck again. I could feel his breath against my ear as he gently dragged the knife against the skin at the base of my neck.
"I can't wait to have all of you." He growled in my ear.
"What do you mean all of us?" I asked.
"You and your brother would be an incredible addition to my collection but that wife of his looks too good to pass up." He answered walking around me pressing the knife harder against my skin.
I felt my skin separate under the knife and the blood roll down my chest.
"Although, I'd be lying if I said that was the only reason I grabbed you." His large, piercing blue eyes appeared to glow in the faint light that flashed on above me, like a spot light.
"What do you want?"
"Our father released." He smirked at me.
"I only have one brother and you aren't him." I said.
"Are you sure about that, Cameron?" He teased.
"Lexi would have found you."
"Perhaps. If our father bothered to claim me. I was illegitimate. An accident from just after your mother died. When my mother found out she was pregnant our father took off." He glared at me.
"We don't want anything to do with him. Not me, or Jonathan or Alexia."
"I know that. I just need the three of you as bargaining chips. Alexia cares enough about you to try to push for the trade but if I have her everyone will want her back. She's more powerful and more important than either of you. Than both of you combined."
"You think we don't know that? That we don't know how important she is?" I shot back.
He lashed out at me slamming his fist into my stomach. The force of the hit swung me into the wall behind me.
My head spun as he hit me again.
His skin was darker than mine and Jonny's and he had greasy black hair. I forced myself to notice anything and everything I could as he beat me, just in case I managed to get out of this. I knew Lexi would need all of the information I could give her to find him.
I noticed the multitude of scars along his left forearm. Lexi had the same but hers were much lighter. I tried to focus on his face as he continued to use me as a punching bag.
His face was covered in acne and he had some kind of Arabic symbol with a pitchfork tattoo on the left side of his neck. I forced myself to focus on it as he picked up that dagger off the table and sliced into my chest. The cut was shallow. Torturous. I heard my phone ring.
"Hmm.... wonder who that is?" He said.
I could barely see him through my swollen eyes. He laughed as he looked at my phone before it went to voicemail.
"Cam, Kay says you were supposed to meet her. Call us back." Jonny's voice came through the phone when he played back the message my brother left for me.
I struggled weakly against the chains that bound my wrists as the man crushed my phone under his heel. I flinched as the knife in his hand caught the light.
"The others will join us soon enough." He said, his voice deep and sharp.
He rushed me and covered my mouth and nose with a rag. I struggled against him with all my strength until the darkness enveloped me.
"Come on, Jonathan. Answer your phone. I'm worried about him to but please let me help. I love you. Please call me back." I begged into the phone. After Jonny left that message for Cameron he took off and I hadn't seen him since.
Our children could feel my anxiety.
"Mommy? Is daddy okay?" Logan asked quietly as Josh played with Ty and Sammi.
"I'm sure daddy's fine. He's just busy and mommy's worrying." I smiled at my son.
I could see on his face that he didn't believe me.