Chapter 52: I Get to Love You

I took Cameron's arm and he lead me to the beginning of the aisle.
You've got all of me
I belong to you
Yeah you're my everything
In case you didn't know
I'm crazy 'bout you
I would be lying if I said
That I could live this life without you
Even though I don't tell you all the time
You had my heart a long, long time ago
Cameron and I walked down the aisle towards Jonathan. I looked at my groom with his black shawl lapel tuxedo jacket and white spread collar shirt. Tears fell from his bright blue eyes.
Cameron passed my arm to Jonathan and took his place to Jonathan's right.
"You look beyond amazing." He smiled at me.
"Welcome, family, friends and loved ones. We are gathered here today, surrounded by the beauty of creation and nurtured by the sights and sounds of nature to celebrate the wedding of Alexia and Jonathan. You have come here from nearby and from far away to share in this commitment now they make to one another, to offer your love and support to their union, and to allow Alexia and Jonathan start their married life together surrounded by the people dearest and most important to them." Mr. Knight began.
Alexia and Jonathan thank you for your presence here today. They ask for your blessing, encouragement, and lifelong support, for their decision to be married. They also remember other loved ones who cannot be here to share this moment with them today. Those people
too, they hold dear in their hearts." He turned to us.
"Jonathan and Alexia, marriage is the promise between two people who love each other, who trust that love, who honor one another as individuals in that togetherness, and who wish to spend the rest of their lives together. It enables the two separate souls to share their desires, longings, dreams, and memories, their joys and sorrows, and to help each other through all uncertainties of life. A strong marriage also nurtures each of you as separate individuals and allows you to maintain your unique identity and grow in your own way through the years ahead. It is a safe haven for each of you to become your best self while together you become better than ever could be alone.
"You are adding to your life not only the affection of each other, but also the companionship and blessing of a deep trust. You are agreeing to share strength, responsibilities and love. To make this relationship work, therefore, takes more than love. It takes trust, to know in your
hearts that you want only the best for each other. It takes dedication, to stay open to one another, to learn and grow, even when it is difficult to do so. And it takes faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds for you both.
"Jonathan. As you look into Alexia's eyes, please say your vows."
Jonathan and I turned to face one another.
"Alexia. As I stand before you, my eyes looking so deeply into yours, I see all of the things I fell in love with. As I stand here before you, my heart beating so loudly in my ears, I find myself so lost for the right words to say. As I stand here before you this ring in my hand, it makes me remember how complete you make my life. Alexia, you are my best friend. Today, I give myself to you. Using the love that we share as a vessel, through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of our future, I can promise that you will always have my deepest love, my fullest devotion l, and my most tender care. I promise to love you, to always encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to honor you, and to always hold our love for each other in highest regard. These things I pledge to you today and all the days of our life together. I love you." He declared through his emotions.
I smiled at him through my tears.
"Alexia, as you look into Jonathan's eyes, please say your vows." Mr. Knight said shaking me from my gaze.
"I, Alexia Rose Carter, take you, Jonathan Christopher Davis Black, to be my partner for life. I promise above all else to live in truth with you and to communicate fully and fearlessly. I promise to be your lover, companion, and friend. Your partner in parenthood, your ally in conflict, your greatest fan, and your toughest adversary. Your comrade in adventure, your student and your teacher, your consolation in disappointment, and your accomplice in mischief. I give you my hand and my heart as a sanctuary of warmth and peace, and I pledge my love, devotion, faith and honor as I join my life to yours. This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things. I love you." I fought to keep my voice strong.
"Please present the rings." Mr. Knight said to Cameron and Dina.
"Your wedding ring is a symbol of your promise to one another. The ring, an unbroken, never ending circle, is a symbol of committed, unending love. Jonathan, as you place this ring on Alexia‘s finger, repeat these words after me: This ring symbolizes my love for you/ and the commitments we made today."
"This ring symbolizes my love for you/ and the commitments we made today." Jonathan said as he slipped my new platinum diamond and sapphire band onto my finger with my engagement ring.
"Alexia, as you place this ring on Jonathan's finger, repeat these words after me: This ring symbolizes my love for you/ and the commitments we made today."
"This ring symbolizes my love for you/ and the commitments we made today." I said as I slipped his new matching wedding band on his left ring finger.
"Before I pronounce you man and wife, I have just one more thing I want you to do. Your wedding day is one that seems to fly. It's a day filled with emotion, friends, rings, and dances. Many people remember how fleeting their own wedding day was. So, I want you to take a few seconds to look into each other's eyes. Think about the happiness you're feeling in this place, in this moment. Really let that feeling register in your heart and your mind. Now, I want you to think about your life together in twenty years. Where are you? What are you doing? We all know that your visions are not identical, but always complimentary. John Lennon once said, 'A dream you dream alone is only a dream, a dream you dream together, THAT is reality.' That new reality starts now. By the power vested in me, by the state of Virginia I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." He finished.
Jonathan stepped forward and cupped my face in his hands before pressing his lips to mine for a long kiss. He dipped me, deepening our kiss to the roar of our crowd.
One look at you; my whole life falls in line. 
I prayed for you; before I called you mine.
I can’t believe it’s true, sometimes.
I get to love you, it’s the best thing that I’ll ever do.
I get to love you, it’s a promise I’m making to you.
Whatever may come; your heart I will choose.
Forever I’m yours, forever I do.
I get to love you, I get to love you.
Jonathan and I walked back down the aisle towards our future.