Chapter 11: I Could Not Ask For More

Jonathan helped me pack our hospital bags for the birth which was probably going to be any day now. One bag contained my postpartum pajamas and underwear, my wash bag with my toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, ect and Jonathan's change of clothes just in case we needed it. The other bad contained 6 onesies and sleep suits for each twin, two little hats, a package of diapers, their blankets and 6 birth cloths. Jonathan carried both bags out to the trunk of the SUV along with our birth plan which just basically tells the doctors what Jonathan and I want during the birth of our children.
"This is becoming so real." He mused placing a light kiss to my stomach.
I laid back onto the back of the couch just as the door opened and my sister walked in.
"Hey, Jas! It's great to see you. What are you doing here?" I exclaimed standing.
"How are you? Oh my gosh look at you." She hugged me.
"Yeah. I swear it has to be almost time." I touched my stomach.
"Without a doubt there sis." She laughed.
"Hey, Jonny." She leaned over and hugged my husband.
"We're going to Cam's in about an hour or so." I mentioned sitting back down.
"I do have to get dressed so I'll be back in... in a bit. Hell, that's a lot of stairs." I sighed.
"I'll help you, Lexa." Jonathan said a smile in his voice.
I was breathing heavily by the time we reached the top if the stairs.
"Have I mentioned this is half your fault?" I asked breathlessly.
"Only a hundred times in the last 9ish months." He laughed.
"It's still have your fault."
He laughed again as I sat on the edge of our bed.
"Will you look for something for me to wear in the closet?" I asked.
"Of course. Anything specific?" He asked.
"Short sleeves, a dress or a shirt and pants. I don't care. Just nothing too fancy." I laughed.
He found a bright pink short sleeved, knee length dress with a knot just above my bump.
"Perfect." I smiled at him when he showed it to me.
He smiled back at me.
I changed and slid on a pair of white flats before Jonny helped me back down the stairs.
"You're always stunning." My sister said coming out of the kitchen.
"It's probably just the pregnancy." I smiled.
She smiled back at me.
"We'll take the SUV. I don't think you've been in it and it has the bags in it just in case."
We pulled up to Cameron and Kay's house in Glasgow, barely 15 minutes from our home.

"We pulled up to Cameron and Kay's house in Glasgow, barely 15 minutes from our home

"Alexia!" Cameron greeted me warmly when we came in the door.
"Cameron. How are you?" I hugged him.
"I'm great, Lexi. How are you?" He touched my stomach.
"We're all good." I smiled at him.
"Great to hear."
He turned to hug his brother and my sister.
"Everyone is in the living room. Kay said the ham should be done in a little bit." He smiled.
Jonathan, Jasmine, and I sat on their blue couch. Gunther looked half asleep in a wooden rocking chair in the corner. Jordan and Dina sat on the matching blue loveseat and Cameron sat on the arm of the couch next to Jonny.
The Seattle Seahawks were playing a Thanksgiving game which was rare. Virginia didn't have a football team and the Washington Redskins just weren't very good at exciting me.
Our twins kicked like crazy every time I got excited over s play the Seahawks made. Right around halftime Kay called up in for dinner. She made a beautiful glazed ham with bacon roasted brussel sprouts and garlic mashed potatoes.
"This is beautiful Kay." Dina mentioned happily.
"Thanks Dina. I just hope it tastes good." She sighed.
"I'm sure it'll be perfect." I smiled across at her.
And it was. Absolutely perfect.
"That was amazing." I told her as we went back into the living room to watch the second half of the game.
Jordan and Gunther volunteered to clean up before desert.
"Ooff." I hissed.
"What's wrong?" Jonathan asked placing his hand on my shoulder.
"Just a cramp. I think I'm okay."
He pulled me over so I could cuddle next to his side.
Seahawks dominated the game winning 37-14 before Cameron brought out the Dutch apple pie he made.
It was phenomenal.
"I had no idea you could bake, Cam." I teased.
"You would if you ever let me in the kitchen." He poked back.
"If you didn't try to burn the kitchen down when we were 15 she might." Jonny shrugged.
"At least I didn't burn the beef wellingtons trying to impress my girlfriend." He laughed.
"Well, she still married me so..."
We all laughed.
Not long after that I started to doze off.
"Hey. Let's go home, Lexa?" Jonathan shook me gently.
I nodded.
Dina, Jordan and Gunther all left in Dina's car while Jasmine, Jonathan and I left in the SUV. Cameron and Kay watched us leave happily from their porch.