chapter tweleve.

Wednesday. 10.10

ISAIAH IZZY ROBINSON.

THE SUNLIGHT FROM the window woke me out of the peaceful sleep I was in. I yawned looking to the right of me seeing Domonique still knocked out. Shouldn't she be at school? I looked in the direction of the clock seeing it was twelve in the afternoon. Maybe she just didn't feel like going today. I shrugged it off and got out of the bed trying my best not to wake her. I stood from the bed and walked into her bathroom to do the usual. After I finished handling my business, I walked over to the sink to wash my hands.

As I was about to throw the used paper towel into the trash, something caught my eye. A pink colored small box was poking out underneath a plastic bag, reaching inside I pulled it out. It was just what I suspected, a pregnancy test. Pulling the test that hung out of the box I looked at it, seeing it was positive. I wasn't mad but, why didn't she just tell me? I mean everybody was suspecting it. I shook my head, placing the test in my back pocket and tossing the box back into the trash can.

She was still asleep when I walked back into the room. I grabbed my shirt from the floor and put it back on, exiting her room and walking down to Judah's.

"Bro! Open up." I knocked on the door.

He opened the door with the quickness. "Sup?" Moving to the side he opened the door wider letting me in. "You look like you just found out about some wild shit."

"Domonique is pregnant." I stood in the middle of the floor, taking the test out of my pocket and holding it up for him to see.

"Told you all the signs were there." He shrugged. "Y'all niggas was having the time of your lives for two weeks and ain't except this to happen?"

I chuckled. "Shit, I wasn't thinkin' wit' the right head. But, I think I changed my mind about that slipping that abortion pill in her drink I want her to keep it. I'd be nice for lil man to have somebody to play with."

"You sure, bro? Does she even know you know?"

"Yeah, I'm sure and nah she doesn't. I found the test sticking out in her trashcan, I'm glad I was the one to find it though instead of it being ma."

"Oh shit, you right how y'all gon' explain that to her? You know she'll start a riot."

I shook my head, sighing. "I ain't think that part through yet. We'll figure out someway to hide it 'till we ready to tell her."

"If y'all gon' do that then start wit' actually droppin' them hoes. You can't bring another child in here and still be messing around. And on top of that, you gotta go harder wit' this music shit."

"Listen, that's going too far. I ain't expect her to get pregnant and I'll stop having hoes around when I feel like it. I got some music shit to do tomorrow so, I'm good on that." I shrugged. "Anyways, I'm out got some things to handle."

He shook his head. "You ain't even gon' check on her and see if she aight?"

Not answering his question, I walked out of his room only to be stopped by my mother. I was wondering if she heard our conversation or something. I secretly slid the pregnancy test into my back pocket and looked up at her.

"Where are you off to? Shouldn't you be somewhere at school?" She questioned.

I nodded. "Domonique wasn't feelin' well this mornin' so, I decided to stay here and make sure she was cool."

"How'd you know she wasn't feeling well? You know how I feel about you sneaking around in her room."

And yet, I've still been bussin' up in her guts for the past weeks. "I know. I had went in there to see if she wanted breakfast or not that's when she told me she wasn't feeling good."

"Alright, Isaiah. I'm proud of you caring for her, it's about time you two get close."

"I figured, I couldn't stay mad at her forever. But, mama I'm about to go finish this project and I'll be back."

"Be safe our there."

I nodded and continued to walk down the steps, shocked that my lie had worked. Walking into the kitchen I looked in the fridge for something, anything to eat. While doing so my phone buzzed it was a message from Tiara.

IMESSAGE.
( TWO RECIPIENTS )

TIARA. 👑
patiently waiting on u, baby. 😘 look at what you been missing all these years...

 😘 look at what you been missing all these years

ISAIAH. 😍
damn... i'm omw.

BACK TO REALITY!

After seeing her in that bikini everything changed. I didn't bother getting anything out of the fridge no more, shit I didn't even shower. I grabbed my keys from the counter and made my way out of the door. It wasn't like I was going far, just down the street. While I was walking I took Domonique's pregnancy test out of my back pocket and threw it into the trash can. There's bigger things I have to deal with right now, her being pregnant wasn't one of them at the moment.

VOTE & COMMENT! WE CAN HAVE A NICE CHAT ABOUT IT TOO!

if it seems like things are moving fast between nique and izzy, they're not. the pregnancy is the only thing moving fast, it's the way i thought out the book to flow. 💚