chapter thirty nine.

( april 1st. )

ARIANA ROBINSON.

We sat in the courtroom in nothing but silence. They wasted no time giving Isaiah his court date. I wouldn't have thought they'd have things figured out already. But somehow they did and were eggar to sentence him. I held Domonique's hand tightly. Tears kept rolling down her eyes and I felt bad for her. She doesn't deserve anything like this to be happening. With all the drama Isaiah has put her through already, this is just the icing on the cake. I know my brother wouldn't get caught with these things.

Isaiah has killed people before and hadn't ever once got caught. The other thing that made this suspicious was that Judah didn't get caught. He was with Isaiah when Nicholas was killed. So what the actual fuck? Someone is out to get Isaiah and I don't know who it is. But whoever it is should watch their back. Anyway, the judge finally entered the courtroom and Isaiah came through the other doors. He had in the usual thing, orange jumpsuit and cuffs. Not once did he make eye contact with us.

"In the case of Isaiah Robinson vs the state of San Diego, regarding the murder of Nicholas West, we found you guilty. You'll be sentenced to a minimum of 10 years in prison." The judge spoke loud and clearly.

Domonique began crying harder and so did I. Ten years away from his child? Everything is so fucked up. But we're all going to make it through someway.

DOMONIQUE NIQUE QUEENS.

( 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁. )

"SKY! Come pick these cheetos up off the floor before we have some problems." I yelled from the top of the staircase.

"Okay mommy!" Her little voice responded back.

I walked down the long hallway to the other bedroom and knocked on the door.

"ALEXIS! Before I walk in here you better have some clothes on."

"You'd come in here if I didn't anyways. You know you wanna see these goodies!" She chuckled.

I pushed open the door and plopped down on the bed beside her. "You do nasty bitch. Anyways, what we doing today? We could go get some food and leave the girls here with the nanny."

"You saying this like you don't have an event to attend later on tonight, boss lady."

Ever since Isaiah has been in prison life has done a complete 360. I went back and finished my last year of high school online. While I was doing that I managed to have my own business — including being a beauty influencer. My cosmetics line has been doing amazing and I couldn't have been prouder. Skylar turned two and she's grown up so much in these past three years. Unfortunately, she doesn't remember anything about Isaiah and I haven't broke anything down to her. The only time she sees him is through pictures, I refused to bring her to see him behind bars. I haven't even seen him myself.

Alexis and myself buried the beef that we had and she's now my assistant that lives with me. She also gave birth to a beautiful baby girl that was indeed NOT Isaiah's baby. Even though we all knew that already. She's became a much better person over time but I still don't trust her. She could switch up any day if she wanted to. Our living situation came into place when I needed someone to help me raise Skylar. We moved from San Diego to Atlanta and surprisingly we haven't had any problems.

Another addition to while we've been out here, I met somebody else. We were nothing but strictly friends. He's in the music industry and also has a child, his name is Bryson. We clicked to each other almost automatically and I couldn't have been more blessed to have him in my life.

I sighed. "Please don't remind me. I just wanna sleep and get more sleep."

"It's a club appearance so, you can get some sleep. But I don't think Skylar is going to let you and Ari said she's coming over later."

"Club appearances mean I'm not getting no sleep tonight. And, I have to wake up early to take Skylar to daycare." I rolled my eyes at the thought. "You know she 'finna raise hell about that. Is she coming over for something important?"

She shook her head. "Why don't you just be taking her everywhere you go? Except the clubs of course. But, she said she wanted to tell you something important."

"I don't know but I sh—" A loud thud caused me to stop in the middle of my sentence and I immediately stood from the bed. "SKYLAR, IF SOMETHING DOWN THERE BROKEN I'MA BEAT YO' LIL ASS!"

"Hey, hey, the baby is sleeping." She spoke pointing to the small child laying on the end of the bed.

I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me and walked downstairs into the playroom. As expected somehow her dollhouse was toppled over on the floor. I swear she has her fathers anger to the max and it drives me insane.

"Now what is the problem with you little one?" I asked as I sat beside her.

"Nothing mama." She smiled, throwing her arms around me. "I wuv you."

"I love you too but you gonna have to stop throwing things down when you get mad. You might break something just like how you broke that vase."

She nodded. "Okay."

I knew she didn't care about anything I was saying but, eventually she'd understand enough to care. I stood up from the floor once I heard the door bell. I walked towards the front door and opened it reveling a smiling Bryson.

"I figured I'd come bring you ladies breakfast." He walked through the doors.

I looked down at the iHop bag in his hand and returned the smile, closing the door back. "You're the best. I wasn't about to make breakfast at all this morning."

"I had a feeling you wasn't after that business meeting last night, you seemed popped. Where's my best friend Sky?"

"In the playroom breaking shit up as usual." I shook my head. "Skylar! Come say hi to Mr. Tiller."

Her little feet came running and she gave him the biggest hug. "Mr. Tiller? Could you buy me another barbie?"

"Oh lord, girl please." I chuckled, gently pushing her little head playfully.

"Anything for you." He laughed.

There was another knock at the door and I went to answer it. This time it was Ariana with someone behind her but I couldn't tell who it was. The morning light was still blinding my eyes.

"SURPRISE!"

Ariana stepped to the side and reviled who it was. Isaiah stood there with the biggest smile on his face. I didn't have any words to say. What happened to the seven years he had left? What the hell.

8+ COMMENTS UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER.