Birth of Greatness

On a quiet, peaceful, Full Moon night a female's cry could be heard. The sound was if she was in pain, but was muffled by the sounds of the house in which she was in. Other voices could be heard as it seemed they were giving words of encouragement and commands, saying "Push!" and "Breath, you can do this!"

The female gave one last push and cried out more in pain before gasping and falling back, exhausted and drenched in sweat. She was about to fall unconscious before she heard the cry of her newborn child.

She immediately held her arms out to receive her newborn and was met instantly with her son, wrapped in a ocean blue blanket. She began crying tears of joy, kissing her child's face all over, as the baby's cries had subsided. The female to the left of her asked, "Niani...What is his name?"

Uhh....Niani thought as she desperately tried to reclaim her thoughts and think of a name.

"Damien." She said after a few moments.
"Damien?" She asked.

Niani nodded and the female smiled, writing down the name. "Damien it is!~"

/\/\/\/\| 3 Months Later |/\/\/\/\

Niani and young Damien were sitting in the living room, where just 3 months earlier, Damien was born. She had him in her lap, rocking him gently while he slept, as the door rang. Irritated slightly, she laid her sleeping son in his crib and went to the door to answer it. She was greeted by 2 men, dressed in soldier uniforms.

"Is this the residence Ms. Niani?" The first soldier asked. He was well built, hairy, and smelled of mustard. Niani scrunched her nose up before speaking.

"Yes this is my home? Who may you be..." She asked, suddenly aware that they were soldiers.

"We are part of the New Roman Empire, and since you are under protection of the Emperor and have a son, you must submit him to the Emperor to serve in his army as payment instead of taxes." The first soldier said.

Niani opened her mouth shocked and immediately went into Mama bear mode.

"I don't know who that is or what you're talking about, but if you think you're taking MY son, the-" She was met with a smack to the face, the attack knocking her over, by the second soldier who told her to lower her volume when speaking to them. She held her hand to her face and quickly hurried to her feet as the men barged into her home, heading straight for sleeping Damien.

Niani went to rescue her baby by grabbing a pair of scissors and attempting to jump on and stab the first soldier in the neck. But again, the second soldier interfered and tackled her over the sofa. Struggling against him, Niani cried out when she saw that her baby was now being held by the first soldier.

"He's a strong one, huh?"

"Let him go!" She pleaded, on the verge of crying as the second soldier had her pinned down.

"I've already told you why it is we were here. We do not intend on leaving empty handed only to come back and do this all over again. We will be taking Damien now. Farewell Ms. Niani~" He walks out with the sleeping Damien.

Niani began to weep, the pain of losing her son was like carving a hole in her heart. The second soldier got off of her and chuckled as she balled up, before he walked out leaving the door open. The cool autumn air rushing into the home as Niani continue to weep on the floor over her son.

/////------I will be taking feedback in the comments. Don't be afraid to be completely honest but keep in mind that this is my first attempt at writing a story, so be sure if you're gonna be a critic to at least give some words of advice. I will put Chapter 2 up shortly but rn it's 1:09am XD So I'm heading to sleep. STAY TUNED FOR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT----\\\\\

[Revised]