Birthday Boy

Being the birthday boy sucks ass.

After spending most of my morning with Miami, we finally went to class. She was in a separate Fleet so I wouldn't be able to see her, but we did have Marksmanship and Hand Combat together. I cleared my head and prepared to walk into class for the first time in months. Anxiety was going to kill me. Hey Jesus, is that you?

I sit down in my seat, cleanly in my uniform since it was Wednesday, and watched everyone else walk in. All eyes were on me as they entered the class room. Most were in fear, but some in shock. Confused as I was, I kept my harden face and stared straight ahead, keeping my peripherals on them.

"Fleet, AttenTION!!"

"SPACE WARRIORS!" The class shouted to the top of their lungs.

"At ease~ Take your seat." She said with a smile. "Everyone, let's welcome Damien back from his vacation. I'm sure you're all glad that he's back."

Everyone unenthusiatically said "Welcome back." Everyone except the guys.

"My niggaaaa-booyyyy is back from the slamma!" Colton said, giving me some dab and avoiding Mama's glare.

"Yeah, you tougher now Damien. Ain't that right." George said.

I shrugged and offer a smile. I kinda wasn't in the mood. Why did everyone look at me in fear. Why wasn't the welcoming warm? Did I do something that bad? Oh, they were probably all friends of Taylor. I knew she would still haunt me. Even in death, there is no escaping. Well two people can play this game. What did that old U.S president do when he was a general? Didn't he lead his men using fear? Bet. I'm higher ranking than my whole Fleet, besides Mama of course, so I'll just use their fear against the, until they respect me. I have no clue how that's gonna work, but I think I have it planned out.

"Okay everyone, it's only 8 days til the next promotion cycle. So I hope ya'll been studying!" Niani said.

It was like I was feeding off her energy. How does she do that?

Same.

Right? My mother, Niani Redwine, is special indeed. Wait, not like that.

*chuckle*

Bad Xan! No, no.

I'm not a fucking dog.

Technically, you are.

Technically I'm not. Technically a dog is a WOLF. Just domesticated. Learn your shit.

Well excuse me while I breathe. I turned to my crew and started scheming with them.

"Okay, so how we gonna do this?" Colton asked in a whisper.

"Do what?" George asked.

"Nigga! How we gonna sneak out?" Colton whisper yelled.

I smirked and Garner laughed.

"We could just leave?" Garner suggested.

"Half the flight will snitch." George said.

"Shit, they better not snitch. This B-Fleet, we don't snitch 'round here cause we on fleek. Ain't that right Mama?"

"Language Colton, both demerit-wise and grammarly." Mama warned.

"Oh my bad Mama." Colton said, before leaning over back into our group. "Okay nigga, we need a plan."

"We could cause an distraction." And unfamiliar voice said.

We all cranes our necks to the voice.

"What type of distraction could you possibly come up with?" Garner said, annoyance in his voice. Oh, I see. The guy Garner was talking to is the one always yelling "At ease" when the class get loud.