The Journey Continues

It's been a full day of arguing between Abby and Niani. Neither took a break or backed down and at one point, a fight almost occurred.

Taylor sat, watching the two fuss. They were already on the road since Niani had supreme authority over Abby, but that didn't stop the stubborn small girl from arguing her point.

"Her being with us can keep Damien unfocused! Why can't you see that?!" Abby whined.

"Abby, you know my decisions are finally. Now please, let it go." Niani simply said, slightly agitated.

"UGHHH!" Abby stormed off to the front seat, muttered swear words along the way.

"For profanity, no texting him."

"MOM!" Abby screamed, jumping out of the seat.

"Mhm, now behave and I might consider changing my mind."

Abby turned around and began to silently cry, only allowing short sniffles to escape. Damien groaned and rolled to his side.

"Sis...come here.."

Abby quickly got rushed over, hopping on top of him. "You're awake! Again, I'm sorryyy!"

Damien chuckled and wiped her tears. "It's okay, but whats not okay is you crying. What's wrong?"

"N-nothing.." Abby turned away, fixing herself up.

Damien lifted his upper body and hugged her, rocking her gently in his lap. "You can't be lying to me, we just met Sis." He said with a light chuckle.

Abby smiled and crossed her arms before getting up. "I don't know what you're talking about, I don't lie."

"Bullshit."

"Language." Niani warned.

"Oof, sorry Mama..."

"It's okay, just watch it next time."

"So you give him a warning and just punish me?" Abby questioned, arms still crossed.

"You, I have something to use against. Him, I don't."

"Ughh, fair point.." Abby said, sitting back down on Damien's stomach.

"Oof"

Taylor cleared her throat.

Damien's head shot to her and he instantly stood up. Poor Abby was thrown off her "seat".

Damien took one step before Niani stepped in his way. "Behave..."

He then looked from her, to Taylor, then back at her. "Yes ma'am..." He said simply before sidestepping her and standing in front of Taylor.

"Hey.." She said softly.

Damien continued to stare, only nodding his head in acknowledgement.

"So..." Taylor began.

Damien stayed silent.

"You know...pictures do last longer.."

Damien finally sighed, closing his eyes. "Why are you here.."

"I asked to come..they let me"

"Correction, Mom let her."

Damien looked at Niani who shrugged her shoulders. "I'd thought you might've wanted to talk to her."

"Talk about what?"

"Well first, you can start by apologizing for killing that guy and almost taking her life as well."

"He had it coming.." Damien muttered, his words full of hatred.

"No one deserves death unless they have caused death themselves." Niani said, putting her hand on his back.

Damien sighed then turned his body towards Taylor. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay pumpkin..."

"Don't call me that."

"Why? I used to call you that."

"Cause that was the past. Now it's just Damien to you." Damien said before turning and going back to the bed area.

Taylor looked down and put her heads in her hands. "I think I should give up.."

"Just give him time, he's a big guy with big emotions. He'll come around, you'll see." Niani said, sitting beside her.

"Maybe.."

<<<30 minutes later>>>

Abby POV
Abby stared giggling. Niani had went and fallen asleep, along with Damien who was also.

"What's funny?" Taylor said, looking at the small frame female.

"Oh nothing." Abby said.

"Come on, just tell me."

"Okay, but for starters, I don't like you. I won't ever like you until my big bro is happy again. Even then, I still might not like you"

"I guess that's reasonable.."

"Now the reason I was giggling is because I really hope you don't think Damien will just "come around" like my mom said. If I know my brother, and after spending a few weeks with him I most certainly do, then I know he's not going to come to you. I don't think he goes to talk to anyone besides me. I honestly don't think he even talks-talk to mom. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, if you love him then show him. Go to him, don't wait. But if you don't, which he thinks, leave now. And please, choose with haste because I'm tired of seeing my brother in distress because of you. Mark my words when I say if I continue to see my brother down, I'm gonna kill your ass."

And with that, Abby got up and went to join her mother and brother in the bed area, leaving Taylor to her thoughts on what just transpired.