Colonization

Damien 3rd Person

"Over here! The barracks should be built over here! No, food should be separated into 4 main storage units then 2 sub storage units all scattered across the colony. Hey! Make sure our defense systems and guns are up! The enemies can attack at any time!" Damien yells, ordering everyone around.

He rushes over to his truck and fires it up as they hooked a storage unit to it. He then puts it in drive and mashes the gas, lurching forward with the unit scraping against Mars' crust. He only slowed and stopped when he reached his destination which was the northwestern corner of the colony.

Major had give him specific orders to create a successful colony on Mars. The first attempt since 3023 and earlier in the 2000s. Naming, creating laws, dispensing of goods was all on Damien. Major would only handle expenses and trading to and from the colony. Anything within the colony was Damien's responsibility. Getting out of the truck, he slams it shut and wipes his brow looking at the big machinery moving things around.

This is gonna take some time.

--------------Time skip 6 months-------------
Back to First Person

I sits in my office that was just completed last week. I was doing the detailed works of the first laws that were laid out. Everyone knew they were temporary and that some things will changed. Now it was time for me to do the major changes. As I was getting into a grove and creating the 18th law, there was a frantic knock on his door.

With a raised eyebrow I yell out, "Who is it?"

"Sir, 2nd Lieutenant Miami is requesting you come to the hospital at once." A feminine voice said. He was guessing it was the new secretary.

"Come in. Why? What's going on there?" I ask.

She comes in and looks at the ground. "Sir, your sister is there and she's going into labor."

I spring up from my seat. "WHAT THE POLAR BEAR SHIT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

Her eye widen but she says nothing and nods. I quickly grab my cape and rush out the room. "Lock up!" I yell over my shoulder at her. I then burst through the doors and onto the newly paved road. I then hook the cape and take off towards the only hospital that was up. The colony was about the size of the biggest island of Hawaii, only because this dome wasn't the biggest. They still needed to get to the others but this one will do for now.

When I reach the hospital, Josh seems to have gotten the same message as me. Both of us out of breath, we run into the hospital together. Everyone in there stood to their feet because of my presence and pointed down the hall towards the room where Abby was. I literally threw myself at the door and tumbled in. I felt Josh trip and fall on top of me. We both groaned and heard giggles before we both jumped to our feet. I was on one side and Josh was on the other, each gripping one of Abby's hands.

"Is this really real? I mean, is this happening?" Josh asks.

Abby smiles at him and nods. They share a kiss and I do everything I can to not cry. My baby sister was growing up too fast...

I then felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and I relax a little already knowing who it was. "Hey Miami.."

"Hey babe.. Happy you got my message." She says.

"Same here. Thanks for sending for me." I reply. She nods and moved to stand beside me.

After a couple of minutes, Abby began crying out and I yelled for a doctor. He comes in along with some nurses and asks for me and Miami to leave in which we did. He was about to ask Josh but Josh just stared him down. I chuckled and ushered Miami out.