23.4

23.4 no such thing as coincidence

4 no such thing as coincidence

—REWRITTEN—

"Remember, Mr. Allen, assuming you achieve the proper velocity and open the wormhole, you will only have 1 minute and 52 seconds to save your mother and return,"Stein says to Barry through the comms. "Or else..."

"I know," We hear him respond.

"Well you hold both our futures in your hands now, Mr. Allen. And I know you can do it. Now..." I hear Thawne say. "Run Barry. Run."

Barry then starts running as we wait. "The accelerator's structural integrity is holding," Ronnie says.

Suddenly we hear a loud bang as the building shakes. "What was that?" Joe asks. "Is Barry okay?"

"Yeah. He just passed Mach Two," Cisco says.

After a while, we see Stein's coffee starting to float in the air. "Inject the hydrogen particle now," Stein says.

I then inject the particle and the screen goes white. "What's that? What happened?" Iris asks, wiry filling her face.

"Barry— he's gone," Caitlin says.

"Look," Cisco says, as we look at the screen to see a wormhole.

"The wormhole. And it's stable," Stein says. "Start the clock."

🔥⚡️

"I believe it's time to say good-bye to Harrison Wells," Stein says as we walk into the pipeline.

"It's beautiful," Thawne says. "Rip Hunter would be impressed. He built the first one of these. Interesting man."

Suddenly, a hat pops out from the wormhole. One with wings on the side of it. "Now what the hell is that?" Joe asks.

"That's my cue to leave," Thawne replies. "Livvy, Remember file 41-21-86."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I ask him.

"You'll figure it out," He says. No, no. No I won't. Just cause you say that doesn't mean it's true!

He then goes to Cisco, "Thank you, Cisco."

"Don't ever come back," Cisco replies.

Thanes sits down in the machine and then moves it to enter the wormhole. "Home," He whispers before, slowly leaving.

Suddenly I see a blur pass through the wormhole and punch the time machine. We all fall back on impact and a shard from the time machine gets launched in my thigh. I groan as I am on the floor on my back. "Barry," I whisper in realization.