Chapter 3

- - - JACE POV

I climb into the passenger seat of Alecs midnight blue Porsche, I haven't even shut the door when Izzy starts complaining.
"Why does Jace always get the front seat? I'm a lady, I should get dibs."

"The leader of Fallen Legends doesn't sit in the back Isabel," I say sternly but then start laughing. I just couldn't say that with a straight face.

WHACK

Izzy slaps the back of my head." serves you right. Now about the girl."
I groan, Yes Jace Wayland has lost his ever-loving mind over a girl. Get over it. Or at least stop torturing me with it.

"Izzy! Don't encourage him!" Alec growls.

"What you don't like Clary?" I say as I start to get annoyed. Why does the thought of my best friend not liking her bother me so damn much?

"Awe! Jace, I've never heard you refer to a girl by anything other than their hair color before. It must be love. Don't stand in the way of true love, Alec! Besides I like her."

"Isabel, " Magnus says calmly "If your only requirements for true love is remembering a name you need to reevaluate your love Life."

"I like Clary just fine, she insults you so that's a plus but Jace you need to focus, you've already lost your damn mind. How the hell did you already transfer schools?"

"Doesn't matter Alec it's done, what does matter is Salvador Sanchez."

"Right so focus." He scolds
I am focused, focused on her but it doesn't matter I could wipe the floor with Sanchez in my sleep. Every year it comes down to him and me. And every year I beat his ass, bringing home the victory along with enough money to sustain the entire organization of Fallen legends our fight club for the year.

"I don't care how unfocused I am when I'm in that ring my head will be right where it needs to be. And my hands will be where they need to be wrapped around that bastards neck."

Alec claps his hands, "there's the Jace Wayland I know and love."

"I just want to know who had the balls to challenge Sanchez right before the last fight," I say as I shake my head.

"Whoever it is, is going to get his ass handed to him," Alec says as he pulls into
pandemonium, a nightclub that doubles as our underground fighting ring at night on Fridays and Saturdays.

It's pretty genius actually, Fridays and Saturdays the party never stops above us, so nothing looks out of the ordinary. No one notices our cars, no one hears us, it's perfect.

We each have two fights a month for six months out of the year. The last being the most important and always up to me to win. If you lose a fight you're out. Both clubs fight each other in the passing months until the top two remain however it is possible to challenge a fighter in your own club if you win you take their place.

Though it's rare and no one has ever been challenged this close to the end before now.

Every time we fight we get a large sum of cash, even if we lose which never happens to me. Except for the last fight, it's winner take all. And by all, I mean a shit ton of money, while the loser gets nothing. So it's of the utmost importance that I win.

I'm not worried though nor am I ever. Salvador will take care of this challenger and then I'll take care of him. I actually kind of hope he loses. Then at least things will be interesting.

I get out of the car, everyone follows me to the back. I press on the hidden panel on the ground and it opens up the door. we walk down the steps and through the dark hallways, using only our flashlight on our phones to guide us.