Chapter 30

"Clary!"

Izzy calls after me but I'm already down the hall, I round the corner and sigh with relief thinking I've lost her.

"Clary, " she calls ripping around the corner in a blur.

"Hey Isabell, " I say awkwardly, what does one say when they just caught their boyfriend's sister frenching the teacher. To be fair he's the hottest teacher I've ever seen.

She grabs a hold of my wrist and half drags me into the bathroom.
"Clary!" She says again, I look down and notice there's someone in the stall. I quickly hold my finger over my lips, hoping she gets the hint... she doesn't.

"Oh no you did not just tell me to shut up, we're going to talk about..." her words are cut off by my hand covering her mouth.

"We're not alone, " I whisper, removing my palm. She Silently mouths a thank you as I hear a flush.
Kaelie walks out then rolling her eyes, " awe having a lovers quarrel? If you're switching teams, Clary, I would love to take that fine as hell man candy off your hands. In fact, I think I might do it regardless."

I snort, she's trying so hard to intimidate me but she can't, not anymore and it drives her crazy.
"Go ahead and try, I would love nothing more than to see you get rejected."

"Don't be so sure, I see the way he looks at me, it's only a matter of time Clary dear, just like last time."

"Oh please bitch! My brother doesn't even notice you! He only sees Clary so back off!" Izzy all but shouts in the tiny space.

"Whatever, " she says sauntering off, after a minute Isabelle tries to restart our conversation but again I hold up my finger. If I know Kaelie and I think I've put up with her long enough to know what the vindictive bitch will do, she's listening in. I walk to the door and as hard as I can I push on it, I hear a satisfying smack as it connects with her face.

"What the hell Clary? I'm going to get you suspended!"

"For what? Opening a door? Maybe you shouldn't stick your ugly ass head against it, might I suggest you try this hobby near the train tracks?"

" Only if get to watch you being run over by said train." She says storming off which is exactly what I wanted.

I'm surprised we haven't had a confrontation in the last few days. She might pretend to be all tough but she knows I can kick her ass, I know it, the entire school knows it but she also knows how bad I need this scholarship. So I won't go there.
I probably won't go there.

"Well, that was intense!" Izzy says, " what's the story there?"

"You want to talk about this now? Kinda thought you dragged me in here to talk about something else."

"Clary, you can't tell anyone, please, it would ruin Raphel's career." Izzy blurts out forgetting momentarily about Kaelie and a small part of me is relieved, I would much rather talk about her hook up with the hot teacher rather than my history with the psycho bitch.

"I told him I was older... he didn't know I was eighteen until the day I transferred here, " she shutters, " when he saw me it was if he had seen a ghost."

I gently place my hand on her shoulder to calm her down, she looks as if she's going to burst into tears, " your secret is safe with me Izzy, I won't even tell Jace." And I mean it, it's not my secret to tell.

She looks up at me, relief shining in those dark eyes, "You called me Izzy, only my friends call me Izzy."

I smile, " I seem to recall you giving me permission once."