Chapter 49

Get inside Clary's head! This how she wishes things were with her big brother.

Clary's POV

Jace went in first to explain the Luna situation to Maryse, this will not end well. I had no intention of bringing her with me but her and her cub I named Lily followed us all the way back to civilization and when I tried to get her to go back she looked at me with these sad heartbroken eyes and I couldn't do it. So I brought her and Lily home despite Luke and Simon's obvious displeasure.

"Everyone deserves a pet don't they?" I had said.
To which Luke had replied, "So start with bunny or a dog or a cat, not a freaking wolf."

I had retorted something along the lines of him having the similarities of a wolf he didn't find it amusing. So here we are, Luke is at home, Simon has went home and Jace is in there talking to his mom about my new pets. I told him this was a bad idea but he claims it won't be a problem, I tend to disagree.

"Biscuit!" Magnus screams barreling into me, "I missed you so much! Don't do that to me ever again! Do you hear me?"

"I'll do my very best not to get kidnapped again Maggie promise."

"You'll be careful from now on not taking any risks whatsoever?"

"Well," I say, " I can't promise that, besides, I got taken surrounded by my entire family, so maybe there is no safe place."

"Touché," he looks down by my feet noticing Luna and Lily for the first time, "umm why is there a wolf and a mini wolf by your feet?" He says warily.

"They saved my life, so I brought them home." As soon as he heard they saved me a smile replaces his frown, he crouches down and starts ruffling Luna's hair, "who saved my biscuits life, you did, didn't you!  Didn't you, you cute little wolfie! And I haven't forgotten about you mini wolf!"

Lilly and Luna both fawn over Magnus as he showers them with affection.

"Clary!" Izzy excitedly exclaims bounding down the driveway and throwing her arms around me, "I missed you so much!" 

"I missed you too Izzy missed all of you even you Alec," I say to him as he walks up to stand beside Izzy. He awkwardly wraps one arm around me in a side hug, " I'm glad you didn't die."

"Awe, Thanks, Alec."

"It's just because I wouldn't want to deal with a depressed Jace moping around acting like a lunatic."

"So, " Jace says as he bounds down the steps, " Luna and Lily can stay! I mean it's slightly illegal but isn't half of the shit we do?"

"I think this is slightly less illegal than underground fighting, " I say with a grin but my smile fades as I remember something else. I killed someone.

Would my family be so excited to see me if they knew I have blood on my hands? If they knew I didn't even feel bad about it?

"Clary? What is it?"

"I did something, " I say slowly not wanting to meet the gazes I can feel boring into my head.

"We know baby, " Jace said wrapping his arms around me, "you did what you had to do and it wasn't bad not even a little bit. And besides, I've... done worse."

Just like that everything starts rushing back, Johnathan, James, almost succumbing to hypothermia, it's exhausting, I'm exhausted.
"I love you all but I think I need to just take a break for the day, " they all nod as I walk off towards Jaces room, Luna and Lilly stay behind to get showered with belly rubs.