Chapter 47

Hey guys!!! Get into Jace's mind for this chapter! 💁🏻‍♀️💁🏻‍♀️

Jace's POV ~

Chapter 47

I hear the cracking in my ear as we walk deeper into the forest, I glance at Simon, of course, it's him, "again with the peanuts?"

"They calm me down, " he huffs stomping in front of me.

"Oh, I know, you only asked for sixty damn bags on the plane. I bet they put you on the no-fly list."

"That's only for terrorists, " Simon fumes looking like a small child on the verge of throwing a tantrum.

"Believe it or not the flight attendants job is not to cater to your over dramatic paranoia, I'm not sitting by your high maintenance ass on the way back."

"Good pretty boy! Go sit by the girls that drool over you and I'll sit by Luke. Go ahead and flirt with them while your girl, " he screams as he uses air quotes, " is missing!"

Alright too far.
I pick Simon up by the collar and watch as his feet dangle in the air, " If you want to talk shit fine but don't go there again, you crossed the line and you know it. I wouldn't do that to her."

"Yeah, you didn't flirt back because her father and best friend were sitting right there. You will though Wayland and when you do I'll kick your ass!" He says as his legs are flailing in the air, it's actually quite comical.

Luke who has been silent for the last twenty minutes now is doubled over gasping for air, "It's not funny Luke I can take him!"

That did it, I drop Simon into the snow as I try to catch my breath. I think that's the funniest thing I have ever heard the dweeb say or the only funny thing he has ever said.

"I can't deal with you! How does Clary put up with you?"

"I feel the same screech, I feel the same." When I call him by his nickname he gets angry all over again and crosses his arms over his chest in a dramatic tirade, " I told you not to call me that."

"And I told you I don't take demands from pipsqueaks, " I counter.

"I still don't think she's going to be out here in the wilderness, we should start checking the more populated areas, "

"Simon, " I say trying for the millionth time not to lose my damn patience but he would make a priest go mad, "If you were keeping someone against their will would you have next door neighbors? No, you wouldn't so shut up. We've been at this for seven hours and we're going this way. If you want to try a different path, by all means, go for it. I think we could use some time apart."

"Rude! I'm the one that knew she was in Alaska, you would have never understood Clary's clue, you haven't known her long enough."

"Simon, " Luke warns, " unless you want to dangle in the air again, I would suggest zipping those lips kiddo."

"I can't help it he brings out the worst in me."

"And I've thanked you endlessly for being helpful once now shut it or go find her yourself. I'm going this way."

I take off leaving him gaping at me. I know I'm getting closer, it's like I can feel her unless I'm wrong and it's just wishful thinking.

"Fine, " Simon says pouting, " I choose next."