Thirty-Nine

"WHEE!" Nathaniel yelled, his arms reached out towards the ceiling as he was pushed in a shopping cart, giggling hysterically when he almost crashed into a wall. "Valentino!" He yelled, pouting as he turned back to face the boy he had manipulative into pushing him around. 

"I'm trying my best! You aren't the lightest of boys, y'know?" Nathaniel gasped and so did everyone around him, one old lady even dropping her cake mix in shock as she stared at Valentino, flabbergasted and offended."Did you just call me fat?" "No, it was just a prank." Everyone sighed in relief, nodding contently and returning to their own business. Nathaniel continued pouting, crossing his arms over his chest as he grabbed an icing from the aisle they passed by. 

"Baby..." Nathaniel huffed, grumpily looking at the approaching aisle of the chocolate bars. "I didn't mean to make you feel like I called you fat. If you're fat, then I'm obese." "Yes you are," Nathaniel mumbled, hissing at Valentino when he tried to hug him. "My little baby's so small, so short and little... perfect." That managed to make the little boy crack a smile as he humphed. "Take me to the chocolate," he said, sticking his tongue out. "Of course, little one. Whatever you say." He was pushed straight to the chocolate bars, the waspish boy nonchalantly reached out and happily putting them in the cart.

He grinned up at Valentino, who ruffled his hair with a fond smile. "Anything else you might want to add?" With the shake of his head, Nathaniel politely demanded Valentino to take his to the cashier to pay. Valentino began to demur, but the boy simply was too alluring and he had to comply. Pushing the boy to the cashier, Valentino began to put the items on the counter, watching as the worker checked them in. 

The sedulous worker told them the cost, Valentino taking out his wallet and paying with any sort of hesitation. It made Nathaniel uncomfortable though, feeling as though he wasn't superior to Valentino in terms of money and wealth. It was true, but it didn't matter at all. But he still made it evident that he was feeling funny about the situation by tugging on Valentino's passe shirt. 

"Yes, baby?" Valentino answered as he carried some of the bags from all the shopping they did. Nathaniel, who was carrying only three, made a gouche attempt at hugging him but was unable to do so by the obstacles in his hands. "You didn't have to pay for me as well. I could've handled it." Valentino chuckled, loading the groceries into the back of the car as Nathaniel stayed put. 

"You're my baby boy. Of course, I'm going to take care of you and rush to your needs. You didn't need to pay because we're going to share all the food anyway, right, baby bun?" Blushing at the nickname, Nathaniel nodded, hugging his arm as they shut the door and walked in front of the car, hopping in.

"We need to hurry and buy some clothes. We have an important event to attend tonight, remember?" Nathaniel squealed, jumping excitedly as he nodded. Valentino sped down the road, his hands gripping the steering wheel with force and authority, stepping on the gas as he smirked. "S-Slow down!" Nathaniel shrieked, gripping the edges of his seat and making sure his belt was on all the while keeping a close eye on the road.

"Calm down, love." That was all the reassuring he did before driving even faster, checking the time which was ticking away, stealing their precious time.  Once the car stopped, Nathaniel knew it was his cue to hop off. With a dizzy head, he shut the door, holding his stomach as he dramatically leaned over the car. "I can't go anymore. You've made me sick." The older boy ignored his wails, grabbing all seven bags from the car. He asked Nathaniel to shut the door.

The maid ran outside once she saw her boss carrying bags that were almost full. She took them out, Nathaniel feeling guilty that he didn't help. "Sorry for not helping," he said sheepishly, giving Valentino a huge hug as a thank you. "It's okay, you were just a kaput boy back there. Your system shut down from all the talking you did, didn't it?" Nathaniel softly grunted at his teasing, burying his face in his chest. "I didn't talk." "You're right, you didn't. Instead, you complained." "Shhh." 

Valentino unlocked the doors for the maid, helping her with the door. "Baby, can you do me a favor?" Nathaniel smiled as he bent down, taking his vans off. "Can you go upstairs and run me a bath? I'm so, so tired and my neck's aching. If you're good, maybe I'll let you join." He ended his jeremiad with a sharp little remark and a wolfish smirk. 

Nathaniel nodded eagerly, running up the stairs once he took his gloves, poofy hat and coat off. It really wasn't his fault that the weather had decided to freeze his ass off, so as protection, he had to move around under layers for the whole majority of the time he spent outside. Running up the stairs, skipping and jumping over a few, he dashed into the bathroom and turned on the tap. Hot, steamy water gushed out as he checked and played around with the temperature. 

As the maid prepared their lunch, Valentino calmly walked upstairs and straight into the bathroom, where Nathaniel had rolled his sleeves up, exposing skin, his elbows, and playing around with the water. "Did I do good?" He asked when he noticed the boy staring, his head tilted to the side. Valentino stepped close and checked the water, shaking his head. "Very good, kitten, but alas, it isn't good enough." 

Nathaniel's smile fell. "What's missing?" "You. Take those clothes off and step in. I'll be back with swimming suits." Pecking his temple softly, Valentino left Nathaniel to his own privacy and company. The boy stripped, exposing his pale, milky skin as he stepped into the hot water, relieving his aching muscles and bones. He filled the tub with bubbles to cover up his naked lower half, not quite ready for the intimacy that comes with being naked as a jaybird with Valentino. Refusing to let himself taint his own mind with such thoughts, he playing with the bubbles, a seemingly innocent action. 

Valentino soon came back, locking the door so that the maid wouldn't walk in. He was shirtless, sporting black trunks. He threw Nathaniel a green one, winking as he caught it. "Put that on quickly, baby. I don't know if I can hold myself back any longer." With a flushed face, Nathaniel hurried to put them on, knowing that if he was even a second late, he would be devoured by the beast that stared hungrily at him. The famished boy grinned, "Good boy. The water looks so tempting. I guess I would hold myself back from it anymore." 

Deciding to tease him just a little, Nathaniel cuddled up to him as soon as he stepped into the tub. "Was that the only reason why you were holding yourself back?" "Yes," the boy answered with a blank, emotionless expression. "Sure, yes." "Why? What are you trying to say?" Nathaniel actually wanted to curse. Like actually curse at him for turning the table on his as always. "Nothing. What time is it? If it's past five, we should hurry up." Valentino reached over to peer at his phone, "It's only four-thirty. We can relax, baby. I can finally snuggle you after carrying your bags for half the day." 

He pulled the small boy closer to him, running his hands up and down his back and arms, kissing his face as Nathaniel tried to sneak away. "No! Too many kisses. I need a break." "You sure? You were saying quite the opposite this morning, weren't you?" "We don't speak of that nor do we bring it up unless I open up a conversation about that topic." "Yes, sir." Wrapping his slender arms around his neck, Nathaniel moved onto his lap, rubbing their noses together in an Eskimo kiss as bubbles floated around them, hiding both of their lower halves. 

"What's the musical about, by the way?" Valentino leaned against the walls of the tub, thinking clearly. "I think it was Heathers or Hamilton. Doesn't matter, I've seen both." Nathaniel hadn't, "I didn't. Are they any good?" Pure, ecstatic shock filled Valentino as he looked at the boy on his lap, "You mean to tell me you haven't seen nor heard about them?" The response he was greeted with was a simple shake of the head. "They're classics!" He sighed. "You better watch and observe every single detail. I memorized some of the songs even!"

"You must be a big fan of them." "Well, yeah. They're fucking brilliant. Especially Hamilton. I've never enjoyed something as childish as a musical this much. Changed my perspective completely, kudos to it." With a pout, Nathaniel leaned in and pecked him. 

"I'll see tonight, then."