band røøm

"Great news my little actors and actresses! Our first play for the year will be The Nightmare Before Christmas!" Mr. Sykes said to the theater class.

"Dude I love that movie!" a kid exclaimed.

"It is pretty amazing, isn't it? In addition to us leaning the lines and script, I would like for you all to pair up and create your own crazy real life Halloween Town characters for the play."

Great. Pairing up with a random kid and being forced to talk to them. you thought to yourself. 

"...and our last group will be miss Glasgow (this will be our fictional last name) and mister Dun. Good luck to you all!" Mr. Sykes said to the class.

Who? you wondered.

"Hey, I'm Josh." a guy with bright yellow hair said as he sat beside you.

"Y/N." you said quietly.

"So...you any good at this kind of stuff?" he asked casually.

"Make up?" you questioned.

"Yeah. You know, like the point of our project?" Josh replied sarcastically.

You scoffed and redirected your attention back to your sketchbook, continuing your drawing you'd begun.

"What's that you're drawing?" the yellow haired boy asked as he scooted closer to you.

"Don't-" you attempted to say before Josh grabbed the book from your hands.

"Wow, who is this of?" he asked as he looked at the drawing in amazement.

Depicted was a girl with sparkling blue eyes, short blonde hair, and a beautiful smile. She was sitting on a swing set during the summer with a pastel orange dress on.

"Give it back!" you demanded while trying to grab the sketchbook out of his hands.

Josh tabbed through the pages in your book, observing all the different variations and styles of sketches you'd made. 

"What's the meaning behind doing this to your pieces?" the pale boy asked in wonder as he looked at your prior pictures. They held beautiful, detailed features of numerous people; all of them also held distorted smiles consisting of large scars scaling from ear to ear or other facial deformities.

"None of your business!" you hissed while grabbing your drawings and shoving them in your book bag.

The bell rang for class, letting out the students for their next period. You shoved your way past the rest of the students and hurried to the lunchroom to buy a meal before the lines formed. Once you purchased your plate of gray sludge (I mean food), you sat at an empty table and quickly ate. As the cafeteria filled in and your tray of food vanished, you discarded your trash and walked towards the library for the remainder of lunch to hang out quietly. 

"Hey," a voice said in the hall as they walked passed you.

Looking up you noticed it was Josh who had changed out to his gym uniform alongside his friends. You never could understand how people could take gym while having lunch around the same time.

"Hi," you muttered for a response.

"We can't hear you from underneath all that hair that's covering your face!" one of the basketball players jabbed with the whole team erupting into laughter.

"Screw you, Joseph." you spat.

"I'd love to, Smiley!" he shouted.

"Pig." you said in disgust as you escaped into the library.